What's new

Mid Q sealed Tempest completed (help to load pics here) (1 Viewer)

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to thank everyone that help me through my first DIY project. I've completed the Adire Mid Q Sealed Tempest sub about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't have a chance to post it here (too busy messing around w/ the sub ;) ) After calibration and try a few placements out in my room. This speaker kick a**. Recently, I watched Daredevil DTS... The bass is tight and clear, just awesome. I did spend a nite down in U-571. I watched these movies w/ 10db under reference level. I just can't imagine when I crank it to reference level (can't really do it cuz' I live in an apartment complex, maybe I will try it on the weekend :D ). BTW, I am using the 250W amp from PE. Finished with a truckbed liner. I love the sound and the outcome of my sub. I think I did a pretty good job on it for being a first timer. I just don't know how to post pics here so that you can can comment on it... Can anybody show me how to post pics here. Would greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you all... Without your help, I'll probably still using an 8" sub.

Alex,

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Here are some pictures. The pictures are that clean due to my cheap 2.0 megapixels digital cam. I will borrow a better camera this weekend. Hope you guys can see pics.

Did not work :frowning:

Alex,

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Cheap geocities.com. Sorry. Don't know how to post a pix here :frowning:

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,

First of all, I would like to thank you. I looked at your site for info and how to put the box together ;) Your site really help me through my project. This sub impresses me so far. With 10db under reference level, when I watch SWII, the scene when the starship flies over the darn thing shake my whole apartment :D With that in mind, I only have my sub gain level at about 1/4 up. I just can't imagine when I really turn it 1/2 way or listening it at reference level... I will give it a try this weekend :D

BTW, I just upload more pix w/ a better quality camera. Here is the link to my album:
My DIY Mid Q Sealed Tempest

Alex,
p.s. I'm still looking for ways to tweak the sub, anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize/optimize my sub without breaking my bank account? It's a mid q sealed tempest powered by 250W from PE. Thanks all...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks