What's new
World Wide Stereo

Microsoft MN-740 65.54 at Amazon (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The Microsoft MN-740 Wireless-G Adapter designed for use on the XBox is on sale at Amazon for $65.54 and qualifies for free shipping. This is about $15 less than other reliable, online sources and about $35 less than some B&M retailers. Though configuration of the unit can only be done through the XBox console, once configured it can be used with other devices (e.g. ReplayTV).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Interesting. The 86.95 is actually through Office Depot by way of Amazon. I ordered two on Sunday for the $65.54 and they are on their way to me. I followed the links I went through before (Amazon>Computers>Networking) and to the right there is still the ad for the sale on Microsoft networking gear, with the exception of the MN-740 being available. Looks like people scooped 'em up!

Now that this is defunct, your next option (precluding another sale) would actually be a B&M Target where it's being sold for 79.99. I also tried the Linksys WGA11, which is good enough for gaming but may not be good enough for file downloads from Replays. Circuit City has it for 79.99 plus a $20 rebate.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

You mean when the XBox does its wireless diagnostic and shows the quality of the signal? I can't recall what/if it showed when I had with the Linksys hooked up, otherwise I could tell you if it's unique to the MN-740.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, that's interesting. For the life of me I can't remember either way if there was that info with the WGA11.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks