What's new

MGM: Please bring us _The Outer Limits_ second season. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The Season One boxset of ABC-TV's classic series The Outer Limits is one of my prized possessions. Some of these episodes I haven't seen since the 1960s. The writing and the eerie, noirish production values help make this the greatest science-fiction TV series of all time.

Is the studio planning on releasing the remaining episodes? After all, the single best episode of the anthology series, the Harlan Ellison-scripted "Demon with a Glass Hand" (a Hugo Award winner, no less), is from the second season.

Please consider releasing this set soon.

Thank you.

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i certainly agree. Hope that there are plans to release the second season in the not too distant future.
thanks.

Brad Vautrinot

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I'll add my voice for a timely release of Season Two and the remaining episodes as well. I grew up watching these on the tube and they are my treasures.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I've seen only a few of these shows, but I bought the first season because I loved the ones I had seen. So far I'm a little over 1/2 way through it, and would love to have every episode that was put out.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm as anxious as everyone else to see this on DVD. My gut instinct is that MGM will release this in August along with their Midnite movie catalog titles. I can't see MGM not releasing the second season, they did after all put volume 1 on the box cover for the first set.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
I know this comes a little after the end of the previous thread reply but I just signed up with HTF and wanted to pitch my two cent's worth.
I heartily agree. I hope MGM doesn't put off releasing Vol II of The outer Limits as many may forget over time about the series. The second season does contain some of the best episodes of the series. I fear we may have to keep reminding them until we get some kind of response confirming release.
Could anyone tell me if studio reps respond directly in these forums or do replies come through official studio release announcements only?;)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Given how long it was between Stargate Sg-1 releases, we've estimated that MGM lead time is approximately a year between getting sales figures back, greenlighting, producing, schedualing and shipping another product

It was 18 MONTHS between Stargate S1 and S2

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
MGM-I voted with my wallet on the first volume.
And will do it again for volume 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks