What's new

Member Subcriptions (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Perhaps a link to the immediate right of the "WHAT'S NEW" button that says "Ways To Support HTF" or "GO AD FREE."

Informative for those interested. Non-intrusive and easy enough to ignore for those not.
technically, this is what the go premium link is in the top right. I probably need to rename that to something more descriptive. Maybe Turn Off Ads or Go Ad Free like you suggested.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm ashamed to admit that I had never thought twice about what the "Go Premium" link did or was for.

Well, to be fair, unless you already knew what it does, the previous phrasing wasn't the most clear. The new phrasing is much more direct.

The real test, though, will be to see if there is a significant increase in new Premium signups as a result.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So now there is Supporter and Patron.

ive only seen one Patron and I’m listed as premium which was $12 but patron is $10.

I don’t know who I am anymore.

:^]

Oh I also see that my old Ambassador moniker is back. This I like.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So now there is Supporter and Patron.

ive only seen one Patron and I’m listed as premium which was $12 but patron is $10.

I don’t know who I am anymore.

:^]

Oh I also see that my old Ambassador moniker is back. This I like.
Premium is $12/year and Patron is $10/month. Supporter is $5/month.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ha. I’ve had “Who do we think I am” in my profile for years.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve been here 21 years so why don’t I have a senior member badge? I’m also a supporter. And how do you become an ambassador? Whaaaaa!;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought I would bump this thread because saw this tonight before I signed into my existing account.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.57.39 PM.png
When I signed up for premium membership last year, it was $12 per year. This indicates that the same tier is now $25/year. While I am happy to support the forum and $12 was cheap, I do think it's worth noting that that is an increase of more than 100%.

Is this price increase for everyone or only for new members? I still have a couple of months left on my previous premium subscription, but I'd like to know in advance if the renewal will be $12 or $25. Thanks.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what do you see after you sign in?

I signed out and then logged back in and see all those options minus a free option.

I won’t be paying $25 a year.

still looking for the option to turn off auto charge.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Anyway I found this after goi g into account upgrades and it shows my tier will charge $25 in a couple weeks.

No thanks.
How do I turn that off.

87627AFF-1224-472A-8F6F-A56D632AD1B4.jpeg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I thought I would bump this thread because saw this tonight before I signed into my existing account.

View attachment 91318
When I signed up for premium membership last year, it was $12 per year. This indicates that the same tier is now $25/year. While I am happy to support the forum and $12 was cheap, I do think it's worth noting that that is an increase of more than 100%.

Is this price increase for everyone or only for new members? I still have a couple of months left on my previous premium subscription, but I'd like to know in advance if the renewal will be $12 or $25. Thanks.
Hi Jake,

The price increase was supposed to apply to new sign-ups only - while legacy subscriptions were to continue with the old rate. I'm not sure what happened here, but am taking a look right now.

Anyone who wants to have their subscription cancelled in the interim can PM me and i'll do it from the back end.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not sure what happened here, but am taking a look right now.

There's nothing problematic. I saw that screen while signed out.

Then when I signed in I wanted to clarify as to whether the price increase would apply to me as well or not. You've now answered that question. So we're good.

I don't know why @TonyD's says $25 in his screenshot but mine currently says $12 once I'm signed in.

Thanks.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So to confirm. I will be charged $12 and not $25 in March 18th?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
what do you see after you sign in?

After I sign in, clicking the Go Ad Free link, I see options to increase to Supporter or Patron which are more money. That's it.

Based on what Dave said, it seems like I will still be charged $12 when my renewal comes up and that's what the page says as long as I'm logged in. I'm good with that, so as long as that remains the case, I have no issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks