What's new

MEDIA PLAYER / CENTER + DVD PLAYER..... HELP??? (1 Viewer)

shauns303

Auditioning
Real Name
Sha Un
Hi there, I have been searching now for about a year, for a media player/centre which also has a DVD drive(region free). Now there are hundreds of media players out there supporting all different formats, and there are hundreds of dvd players out there which support divx via usb and all that jazz.
BUT..... I am sure I am not alone with this problem. Of everything I try has it's limitations and or does not live up to it's specifications. My only answer to this so far has been to run from my macbook via a display adaptor into my projector. Which can work fine, but again has it's limitations. I wish to have a separate unit which could possibly be a DVD/BlueRay Player, with a 1tb HardDrive storage for the playback of just about any video format out there, with a great menu display and a full 1080p upscale in HD for I use a projector. I am sure this exists. We are in the 21st century for crying out load. The reason I need to stop using the Macbook is because the regions of dvd drive can only be changed 5 times. And trust me there is no way around this. The machines are designed this way, so you go and purchase another one. Apple at there best...... haha.... I live between Australian, the UK and Italy where I am now. So a region free unit is very necessary.
I am willing to spend up to $300 OR MORE IF THIS IS DREAMING.....
But of couse less would be better. I know Im not asking the impossible. Please any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sha-

Welcome to Home Theater Forum. I'm going to move this to our HTPC area as I think you will get a better response there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks