What's new

May 3, 2013 Iron Man 3 announced (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
The Mandarin. And he seems to be directly answering joshEH's question, albeit with attack helicopters instead of a nuke.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Is the VoiceOver Kingsley or Pearce?
Many seem to think its Mandarin, but some suggest its Guy's character.
Thoughts?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The trailer is intense. It looks good to me, but I hope that the overall tone of the movie isn't quite as dark as the trailer.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
DavidJ said:
The trailer is intense. It looks good to me, but I hope that the overall tone of the movie isn't quite as dark as the trailer.
I'm fine with it getting darker, since the character's always had a pretty dark undercurrent.
Shane Black has said in interviews that his goal was to strip Tony Stark of all his toys and money and power and get him back to a place where he has to survive. The trailer certainly makes it look like that's the case.
I wonder what's up with the tattoo on the back of the Mandarin's neck of Captain America's shield with an anarchy "A" where the star should be?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, I think this looks pretty great. I have a feeling they are really going to go all out with these Phase 2 movies.
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CzoSeClcw0[/VIDEO]
From the footage shown at comic con:
Happy Hogan: “Of course I quit. Do you know what it was like when I would tell people what my job was? ‘I’m Iron Man’s bodyguard.’ They’d laugh in my face. Now you’re off with the Super Friends, I don’t know what’s going on with you anymore. My grandmother lives in Manhattan, alright. She jumped out of a second story window last year because she saw a giant snake robot coming out of the sky!”
Really looking forward to this!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty awesome new poster:
dfae47c2_hr_Iron_Man_3_23.jpeg
New footage coming in Super Bowl TV Spot on Sunday.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
You can see the extended Super Bowl teaser here! http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174813-the-extended-iron-man-3-super-bowl-commercial

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
New Trailer Looking good. Hopefully they manage to play up the stakes without simply rehashing the previous movie. The fact that the opponent isn't an Evil Iron Man is a really good start though.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yes, the new trailer looks great! I'm really looking forward to this! Anyone catch the shot of Tony jumping onto the back of, and then basically getting "absorbed into" one of his suits?! Really cool. I thought the image below was great too
5405ed2d_image.jpeg

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
The trailer is good except I think it went 10 seconds too long. That last part of the trailer seems to give far too much away.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175855-marvel-will-release-a-different-version-of-iron-man-3-in-china
Marvel Studios and DMG announced that a Chinese version of IRON MAN 3 will be released in China on a date to be announced in the near future. DMG, a Chinese media and entertainment company, collaborated with Marvel Studios on the Chinese elements in the film, and is marketing and distributing the film in China. While Marvel and DMG have decided not to apply for co-production status in China, the film includes significant Chinese elements. Renowned Chinese actor Wang Xueqi will appear in both the studio’s Chinese version of the film and in its international and domestic US version. Both versions of the film include Iron Man 3 footage filmed in Beijing in December. The Chinese version of the film will also feature a special appearance of China’s top actress, Fan Bingbing, and will offer specially prepared bonus footage made exclusively for the Chinese audience.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
There seems to be lots of new TV spots and even a clip from the movie out there now, but I'm refraining from looking at any more promotional stuff at his point. I feel like I already know too much about it, but it's been hard to resist. Cutting myself off now though. There should be some reviews coming out in a few weeks, but I'll only be looking at ones that are identified as "spoiler free".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks