What's new

May 3, 2013 Iron Man 3 announced (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Much as I despise Iron Man 2, I have to agree that the Spidey Strut was worse than Drunken Downey.

(Spidey 3 was pretty lame too, but the Sandman storyline was better than anything in IM2.)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/02/tom-hooper-iron-man-3-kings-speech-les-miserables.html

Hmm interesting indeed

Perhaps the most interesting offer that we've heard about? It comes from Marvel and involves some shiny gizmos. According to a person who has worked closely with Hooper but who asked not to be identified because the director did not authorize this person to speak on his behalf, the Brit was offered the director's chair on "Iron Man 3," the latest installment in the Robert Downey Jr. franchise. He turned it down, and "Lethal Weapon" writer Shane Black wound up landing the job several weeks ago.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Shane Black Confirms He'll be Writing Iron Man 3 as Well

Black: "Iron Man 3 will not be another 'two men in iron suits fighting each other' film. Instead, it will be more like a Tom Clancy-thriller, with Iron Man fighting real world villians."

I'm officially psyched. Loved the first film, enjoyed the second one considerably more than most did, and absolutely adored Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Adam - that about sums up my feelings exactly!

Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I'm officially psyched. Loved the first film, enjoyed the second one considerably more than most did, and absolutely adored Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt
Shane Black Confirms He'll be Writing Iron Man 3 as Well

Black: "Iron Man 3 will not be another 'two men in iron suits fighting each other' film. Instead, it will be more like a Tom Clancy-thriller, with Iron Man fighting real world villians."

Well, that means it will already have an advantage over the other two movies. I thought the first one was very good, but Iron Man II was rubbish. From Mr. Black I only know The Long Kiss Goodnight and Last Action Hero, which, I assume, aren't the highlights of his career. I'm definitely interested, though.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Chalk me up as another one who liked the first film and not the second. The second one smacked of everyone being too cock-sure about themselves instead of making a good movie. It's the same gripe I have with the "Pirates Of The Caribbean" films. Instead of having solid stories for the characters to play in, they concentrated on molding the story so the characters could have moments. It never works out when they do that.

That said, Iron Man 3 sounds pretty great if Black is allowed to pull this off. It doesn't sound like the type of film that lends itself to merchandising and Iron Man is officially a cash cow franchise. Studio interference might kill this one before a frame is shot.

I only know The Long Kiss Goodnight and Last Action Hero, which, I assume, aren't the highlights of his career. I'm definitely interested, though.
"The Long Kiss Goodnight" was pretty great, but I'd argue that "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" is the best film RDJ (and Val Kilmer...) has done in the past 10 years. It's pretty near perfect.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What's funny about Black is that he went from telling Billy in the film "Predator" how big his girlfriend's

pussy is

to writing the Lethal Weapon movies and directing films.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i read somewhere he was sent on the predator shoot to keep one of the actors in line and be there if he started acting crazy and that was the only reason he actually had a part in the movie'

edit: i remebered it wrong. here is what i found on wikipedia:
As a favor to the writer of Joel Silver's blockbuster Lethal Weapon, the studio hired screenplay writer Shane Black not only to play a supporting role in the film, but also to keep an eye on McTiernan due to the director's inexperience.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Shane D
i read somewhere he was sent on the predator shoot to keep one of the actors in line and be there if he started acting crazy and that was the only reason he actually had a part in the movie'

edit: i remebered it wrong. here is what i found on wikipedia:
As a favor to the writer of Joel Silver's blockbuster Lethal Weapon, the studio hired screenplay writer Shane Black not only to play a supporting role in the film, but also to keep an eye on McTiernan due to the director's inexperience.
Based on their long history Lethal Weapon films, Predator and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang you can safely assume that Black and Silver are friends.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
Robert Crawford's post:

"Based on a true story"

*some scenes have been fictionalized for the sake of drama.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Here is more news about the 3rd installment
http://cl.ly/1g0x2x220K290a0u1m42
And how will it escape the same unfocused fate of IRON MAN 2? "The first step in avoiding that was hiring Joss [Whedon, writer-director]," Feige says. "If you look at his body of work, he regularly writes for lots of characters. ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ may be called ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer,’ but it’s really an ensemble piece and none of the characters ever get lost in the spectacle of whatever is going on." (Whedon also successfully juggled numerous characters on "Angel" and "Firefly", and in his "Astonishing X-Men" comic run.)
"The stuff we’ve shot [so far on THE AVENGERS] is cutting together spectacularly and it’s just the character interactions that we’ve done so far—we haven’t shot much of the action sequences yet. I think the end result is going to feel very, very satisfying."

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I'm just glad that they're getting away from the villain being another iron suit. If there's a weakness in the current slate of Marvel movies it's their tendency for the main bad guy to simply be an evil version of the hero (Spidey 3, Iron Man 1&2, The Incredible Hulk all suffered from this, Thor managed to skirt the line while not stepping over it). Having someone else as the antagonist offers a lot more room to explore the characters (The Joker in Dark Knight is far more interesting because he's Batman's ideological opposite, not merely his evil twin).

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.latinoreview.com/news/-iron-man-3-heading-to-north-carolina-14833
it's 90% likely that Iron Man's next Avenger-less outing will be shot in the Port City of Wilmington, North Carolina. It's said to be a massive affair with Marvel taking over 10 sound stages at Screen Gems studios. Sets are likely being built now as production crews have been spotted over the past week. Once the sets are completed this upcoming May, shooting will commence until June.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/01/25/breaking-iron-man-3-to-begin-shooting-sooner-than-expected/
awesome

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
While I agree with Ironman 2 issues (I hated the drunk party) I'm excited for the 3rd movie. I have been working my way through the superhero movies again.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Brian Borst said:
Well, that means it will already have an advantage over the other two movies. I thought the first one was very good, but Iron Man II was rubbish. From Mr. Black I only know The Long Kiss Goodnight and Last Action Hero, which, I assume, aren't the highlights of his career. I'm definitely interested, though.
You need to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Awesome movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks