What's new

Matt LeBlanc Friends Spinoff (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Now that it's official, time to start placing bets on how long it will be until one or more of the other five friends shows up.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Feh. I think it's Zucker's attempt to recreate a hit by being unoriginal. He's become quite an expert at that (US Coupling anyone?), and is another example of how NBC's primetime is slipping away. If they replace Scrubs with this dreck, I'm washing my hands of them.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Now that it's official, time to start placing bets on how long it will be until one or more of the other five friends shows up.
I would guess either Sweeps or when the ratings start to take a plunge. Whatever happens first.

As far as Mork on Happy Days, that may be correct but didnt he appear on a whole episode of Laverne and Shirley?
I also think there was a spinoff from Mork and Mindy called Out of the Blue with Dixie Carter about an Angel called Random.
Anymore remember that show?

Bruce_S

Second Unit
I don't think a Spin-Off will work with Joey character alone. I've heard that they will attempt bring some of the cast of "Friends" throughout Joey's show. I guess, we'll see how it'll turn out once the show aired.

Didn't NBC learn anything from the spin-off shows from the cast of Seinfeld?

-bruce

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But the spin-off idea worked for Cheers => Frasier. It depends on how the show is spun off, and whether another good cast can put in place naturally and still generate laughs from the main character's essence. For Joey, he's a lovable lunkhead who's somehow made a career in acting.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Didn't NBC learn anything from the spin-off shows from the cast of Seinfeld?
Indeed. Although they're probably hoping that lightning strikes twices, as it did before with Frasier.

The much beloved character of Kramer was fine in small to moderate doses, but could not fly an entire show. Is Joey too much of a comic relief pitcher to successfully pull out 9 innings?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks