What's new

Matrix game coming to all the big 3 (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It was always going to be multiplatform. Microsoft's "exclusivity" deal was for online content & timing - I believe the XBox version was due six months before the others, but my memory could be wrong.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
From what I remember, it was to be exclusive to the Xbox for a period of time (6 months maybe?) before releasing to the other consoles. But it's been a long time, so please don't ask me for a link to confirm that! :)
Edit--once again, Brian scoops me. :)

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Yeah, six months and online only on the Xbox was the deal, but that deal was made with Interplay for a 5 million dollar loan. But Interply sold Shiny to Infrogrames who either aren't bound by the agreement, or thought it made more business sense to break it (either way MS must have gotten the 5M back).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
We'll find out when Interplay next release their financial report I reckon - that's where all of the nitty gritty details about the "loan" appeared in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks