What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Married with Children season 3 1/25/2005 (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Story from TVShowsOnDVD.com

Well, we've all known about the music for a week or more now, 1/25 is when things will get interesting. We discussed the change in the other thread, but I thought it made sense that the announcement have a thread of its own.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Regardless of the music issue, I can't wait to own it! I only hope that the difference in music doesn't deter Sony from releasing seasons 4 through 11. Mind you, I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit skeptical.

Anyway, I'll definitely be picking this up on Jan. 25th.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I wonder what the deal with the episode(s) available previously is, e.g. the Lost Episode. Does this mean they'll replace the music on this one, too, even though it was already released with the music intact?

Chris

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I was afraid that would be the case, but was kinda hoping it'd be a Dawson's Creek kinda deal. In R2 they released a Best-of Dawson's Creek DVD a couple of years ago, containing 2 episodes from season 1 and 2 from season 2.
And the season 2 episodes featured on that release are the only ones that had no replaced music whatsoever on the R1 set (including Springsteen). I always figured there had to be a connection between those releases as it was just too much of a coincidence.

Well, in the end it doesn't matter. Another episode without the title theme won't change anything, and I'll buy it regardless. I won't feel good about it though. :)

Chris

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad that it still seems as if we will not be getting any substantial extras here. Can't we get a few commentaries going on this thing? Or at least, some more substantial interviews besides the hidden easter egg reunion clips. Wasn't it around this time where the show started to generate some real controversy, as evidenced by the "Lost Episode?"

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed on the image of the menu that they have a link to 'Easter Eggs." Isn't an easter egg something that you have to find on your own, which is not obvious? This is like the Bugs Bunny cartoon with the flashing neon arrow that says "secret hideout." By putting a link to it, it is no longer an easter egg...

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
This situation has inspired me to write a haiku:

Married... With Children
Released without its theme song
Frank spins in his grave

I'll still be buying this on release day, however. :)

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I'd actually be interested in hearing whether Frank liked his song being used for this show, has anyone heard about this?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Is this the 'Love and Marrige' theme song we're taking about. I've never been very clear on this (forgive me for being such an idiot)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's the theme. I never knew it was Frank Sinatra either, I figured it was just a soundalike type of singer.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I'll just record the theme song from either of the first two sets (and the later seasons' shortened theme song from FX Network) onto a CD and play it with the current audio on Mute. (Like Cameron Crowe asks us to do with "Stairway to Heaven" on the Almost Famous: Director's Cut DVD) :)

I'm really curious as to what the "new" theme song sounds like. Instrumental? Existing song? Newly-recorded song? Let's have a contest as to making a new theme song that fits the MWC style. Hey, let's turn that haiku by Rob into the lyrics to the new theme song! Ha ha.

I wonder if Sony is currently negotiating for songs used in the episodes like "Bad to the Bone" (just popped into my head)?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's an original instrumental piece created for the DVDs, or at least that's what they told me.

Gord

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Here's to hoping it sounds at least remotely similar to "Love & Marriage". As I said in another post, I've seen this done before in video games. For example, let's use "WWE: Here Comes The Pain" for the PS2. One of the entrance themes was supposed to be the song entitled "Legs" (a ZZ Top cover) performed by Kid Rock. For whatever reason, THQ (the company behind the game) couldn't obtain the rights to the song, so instead it was replaced with an instrumental-only track, which "discretely" sounded similar to "Legs" but sounded different enough that it couldn't be touched by the rights holders.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Sony is going to do the same thing, give us an instrumental track that will sound somewhat similar to "Love & Marriage" but will have enough differences to avoid any lawsuits, etc. I'd be quite content with a re-worked instrumental rendition as opposed to choosing a different song entirely. I know a lot of people mentioned opening the show to "Bad to the Bone", but I think that would spell disaster.

Anyway, I'll be very interested to know what the instrumental music will sound like. Also, Gord or Dave, what do you think the chances are of obtaining an audio sample of the music from Sony. I think it'd be a good idea for people to get a taste of it beforehand. Just a thought.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Thought you guys would be interested to know how S3's music and the set is like:
sitcomsonline.com/marriedwithchildrenseason3dvdreview.html

Contains details on the replacement theme song used for the set. Sample audio clip of it is available.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
LOL, the review says it sounds like a mix between Love & Marriage and the Mr. Ed theme song. Couldn't agree more. :) To be honest, I think it fits rather well, so while I'm not happy about the change, Columbia has obviously taken a lot more care with it than Universal did with the QL replacements... plus they've informed us about it beforehand!

Thanks for the link, Pavan_P.

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Pavan Badal, you've done it again! Good job on capturing the theme song, and I'm going to link to your review this morning and let our readers hear it. And I also agree that it sounds a bit like Mr. Ed.

Pavan, this is definitely your day at TSoD: 6 of my 7 news stories are coming from our best correspondent. You rock, sir! Off to go start posting them...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks