What's new

Man of Steel sequel (1 Viewer)

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
Man of Steel sequel is going into active development according to the Wrap.

http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-puts-man-of-steel-sequel-into-active-development-exclusive/

Despite Superman’s battle with Batman, DC has been silent on a sequel to “Man of Steel” featuring Superman solo, leading many frustrated fanboys to believe that another film wasn’t going to happen. But a person close to the project told TheWrap that Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I always saw this version of the character as an evolution, as opposed to the Silver Age version where he is magically perfect (after a 12 year cosmic ride with Pop) and the world has no problem encountering a flying super being from another planet (yeah, right). In this version, and at this point, he has proven his love for humanity and the sacrifices he is willing to make and this will make him the endearing and "hopeful" hero he is known for. May not be perfect in execution (perhaps) but I appreciate this view... a more science fiction view rather than outright fantasy. I think getting the character right (or to a more familiar representation) was always the intent, but there was a roadmap to get there. IMO, of course.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they get a writing/directing team that understands that Superman is supposed to inspire. Physical threats to Superman get old fast. The best stories are ones where Superman faces a seemingly impossible moral choice, and finds a way to do the right thing anyway.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
They did the "reset" of him for a reason: the triumphant return.
Much like the new Trek cast movies, it seems there is a powerful vocal objection by some viewers to depicting well-known characters in early phases of their evolution. I love the exploration in Trek and in the Cavill Superman stories of how a different set of circumstances can lead an iconic character along a new path--one that is, in its essentials, consistent with the original, yet sufficiently altered to present aspects we might not have considered before, with a resulting emergence of the broad strokes of the same characters, though not slavishly identical to predecessors.

I know many people might balk at a cheeseburger made with brie instead of cheddar, but making a brie cheeseburger is not an illegitimate exercise. Cavill and Pine are the brie to the Reeve and Kirk cheddar. I like both.

(I'm particularly annoyed that people don't acknowledge, for Cavill and Pine, at least in their first films as Superman and Kirk, that they're essentially on their FIRST DAY ON THE JOB. Of course they make choices their mature, fully formed versions wouldn't make. I certainly made different choices in light of difficult decisions when I was in my twenties than I do now, just shy of 50. Doesn't everyone?)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The difference between the Kelvin Timeline Trek reboots and Snyder's treatment of Superman is that the Trek films are actually well directed and enjoyable to experience.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed Man of Steel but DC's films are just too dark. Superman is supposed to be a ray of hope for the world's populace and any Superman film that lacks a "Truth, Justice and the American Way" sort of vibe is going to be a disappointment. 'Batman vs. Superman' was supremely disappointing. Who knew Batman was such a dolt. And Superman acts like he needs anti depressants.

If this sequel can right those wrongs, bravo. If it's more of the same dark, depressing crap, no thanks.

Mark

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Even though I didn't care that much for MoS, Cavill was a lot better Clark/Superman in BvS and he has really good chemistry with Amy Adams. I just want less standing around and brooding. I'm glad to see him get a sequel and I'd like to see Brainiac and Bizarro as villains.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Bizarro would be an interessting choice. But i doubt that's gonna happen.

But when it opens with Bizarro I could put on my Bizarro T-Shirt I bought couple of years ago in NY. Ah, I put in on anyway. :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I know many people might balk at a cheeseburger made with brie instead of cheddar, but making a brie cheeseburger is not an illegitimate exercise. Cavill and Pine are the brie to the Reeve and Kirk cheddar. I like both.
I award you an A+ for creative writing. :):lol::P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks