What's new

Man, I'm Synaptically-challenged!!!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Or, I missed my own 1000th and 1001st posts, so let's celebrate my 1002nd. Only 17017 posts to go before I unseat that Clack fellow as the HTF's all-time top poster.:D :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
We don't care about you. Now what I really wonder is how Parker Clack got such a high post count: I never see him post :confused:
--
Holadem

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Now what I really wonder is how Parker Clack got such a high post count: I never see him post
I've always wondered what was up with that myself. You'd think that somewhere in my 1005 post journey, I'd at least have seen one of his posts. Parker, if you're reading this, we're on to you and your post-count inflation techniques.;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
No, he comes by his post count honestly. Much of it is in the unseen work Parker does here to keep the freakin' place running. You'll never catch him. Nobody will, not even Pat Sun (though I will catch Pat). :)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, can anybody offer an explanation of why most of the general populace here has never seen a post from Parker. And oh yeah, the thread is going off track...I started it with the intention of self-aggrandizement, but it's quickly veered off into something totally different...oh well.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Congrats, Andrew! You may have to redo your celebration though, when some admins decide to kill some threads in a near future. :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations, Andrew! :) :)
Hip hip hooray! Woohoo!
Now, as for Mr. Clack: He explained this once, out in the open where everybody could read. If I recall correctly, when he executes changes in the basic script that make this weird, wacky HTF phenomenon possible, it adds to his post count. So, just by virtue of his work here, Parker boosts that number.
But I see his posts on a daily basis, so I know for a fact Parker posts at HTF. He even finds the time to screen the occasional DVD.
However, Andrew, congrats on the milestone, and here's to the next thousand posts.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep , I remember back in the days of the Model T, Parker made his presence felt on a daily basis:)
Congrats on 1000

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
First, take that damn cigar out of your mouth. You're stinking up the place. Then, have a beer on me! Congrats.:D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nice title change Pat my Sun, got my attention anyway, as for Parker and his mysterious posts, hmmm, it's like baby pigeons have you ever actually seen one? :D
Wait a sec the plot thickens, I noticed the tourneyphiles have been grumbling about losing thousands of posts over yonder tourneria and meanwhile Parker has suddenly gained posts, ooookaay......;)
ps. Oh yes congrats on them 1000 posteroonies Andrew!:emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Wait a sec the plot thickens, I noticed the tourneyphiles have been grumbling about losing thousands of posts over yonder tourneria and meanwhile Parker has suddenly gained posts, ooookaay......
Ahh, so that explains everything! Conservation of matter and...er, post count! The HTF is made up of a "fixed" number of posts (the Post Constant). Everytime someone posts a message, it uses up one of those posts. When a moderator deletes a post or thread, or a thread drops off due to disuse, those posts are freed up for re-use. Well, in order for this to work, all those unused posts have to be kept somewhere, and I think I figured out where... in Parker's profile! What this means, is everytime someone posts a message, Parker's count drops by one. When a post or thread is deleted or purged, Parker's count increases correspondingly to keep the TOTAL number of posts across the board equal to the Post Constant.
Every once in a while Parker deletes a tourney thread in Polls, freeing up a thousand posts or so, which get re-applied to Parker's profile to maintain the Post Constant.
Of course, when all the posts are used up and there's nothing for Parker to delete to free up posts, the Internet will implode and destroy the Sagittarius Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. So, conserve those posts! :)
KJP

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Kevin that was actually quite profound, can I use it in my sig? No it's too big, damn!;)
So what you're saying is that posting in the tourney section may ultimately destroy all life as we know it or cause every molecule in your body to explode at the speed of light, bloody hell!:eek:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Excellent reasoning, Kevin. The Post Constant. And because you discovered this heretofor unmentioned phenomenon, we shall call it the Kevin Effect.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
So what you're saying is that posting in the tourney section may ultimately destroy all life as we know it or cause every molecule in your body to explode at the speed of light, bloody hell!
Yes, and that would be "bad". That's why Parker purges the tourney threads once in a while. It's a tough job maintaining the order of the universe, and keep the forum running smoothly, all at the same time. That's why you never see Parker post. :)
Just don't ask about the Twinkie! :)
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks