Mama's Family 30th Anniversary

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by darkrock17, Jan 21, 2013.

1. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

By the way, we abbreviate ourselves as "TSoD". To us, the "V" is redundant since the "T" signifies it. :D

3. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Great news to hear on a Friday afternoon! This is going on my calendar right now!

potnoodle likes this.
  4. potnoodle

potnoodle Stunt Coordinator

Will F
    Wow. For once, an announcement that's prefaced with the term "incredible" that's totally justified. This is the best TV on DVD news in years. Being a professional skeptic, I honestly never thought that Warner (or whoever) would care enough to acquire the unedited "Joe Hamilton cuts". It's been a long, long wait but now the complete, unedited Mama's Family is finally coming out later this year. Add in the hours of bonus features that they're promising, its like our patience is being rewarded in spades. Hopefully, this will include outtakes from the show, but anything they want to add is just icing on the cake! :)

5. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Well, scratch one more show from the "WAHH---never gonna happen!" whiners' threads...

Ron1973 likes this.
  6. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    After 7 years, it finally is happening and maybe there is hope for other shows to finally see the light of day in terms of completion and such...just saw that post myself...great news!

7. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
  8. darkrock17

darkrock17 Supporting Actor

Andrew McClure
    Let's just make it one theard, merge yours over with mine. I saw that, I know what I want for Christmas.

9. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    I'm utterly speechless...all I can say is...WOW! And I thought the upcoming Dobie series set from Shout would be the crowning jewel in my DVD purchases for 2013---NOT! Amazing news and proof miracles do happen.

10. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    I absolutely detest this series, but I am THRILLED for all the fans who are going to get this show presented the way it should be! (The way ALL shows should be in a perfect world!) Good things come to those who wait!

I wonder if the 90-minute "Eunice" special will be an extra. That I would love to see again.

11. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    The biggest surprise is that for a show that is often derided, called 'bottom-of-the-barrel' and considered 'lowbrow' by many is getting such royal treatment on DVD. There are only two other series I'd like to see to completion more than Mama so I can't wait to own this.

potnoodle likes this.
  12. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    If you want to see it, it's in several parts on Youtube right now...just enter Eunice TV Special in the search box and watch them in parts.

JohnMor likes this.
  13. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    With 10 hours of extras, one would assume Eunice could be among the extras, but nobody has said otherwise.

14. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Matthew, heard details of this set will be coming out in the next two weeks time, so we'll see what they eventually will include as part of this massive set and also, Time-Life is releasing the entire Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts in September as well. Just waiting to find out if they'll be all uncut or edited.

15. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

What would be awesome is if they got the rights to tape a performance of "Vicki Lawrence and Mama" as long as she's still doing it--

16. darkrock17

darkrock17 Supporting Actor

Andrew McClure
    That would be a fun feature to include, Vicki's still doing her one woman show called Vicki & Mama A Two-Woman Show

17. potnoodle

potnoodle Stunt Coordinator

Will F
    Since "Eunice" is also a Joe Hamilton Productions property, it's certainly conceivable that T-L could have acquired the rights to that along with the uncut Season 1 and 2 masters. We shall see.

18. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

I was also thinking maybe they can have some of the "Family" sketches from Carol Burnett? Not sure if it's a licensing mess, but it would be nice.

19. The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man Screenwriter

Robert
    Since Time/Life is also licensing and releasing the Carol Burnett show at this time, perhaps part of the mess would already be cleared up.

/yeah, a Mama's Family season 0 disc filled with Carol Burnett Show sketches would be great.

20. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    Looks like the original show openings featuring Harvey Korman from the first two seasons will now be a part of this new collection and I'll say that TL/StarVista is going all out for this series and doing it properly for all of us Mama's Family fans to boot...http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mamas-Family-DVD-Update/18560