What's new

Main Speakers for Yamaha Receiver? (1 Viewer)

DougO

Stunt Coordinator
Need recommendations for main speakers. Want tower cabinet, but low end is not crucial as I have a nice musical sub (should I want to include it whilst listening to tunes). Currently have decent AR 338 bookshelves as mains (they weigh 23 lbs each just the same) but after adding the RX-V2200 receiver, I've been evaluating in-home, I want to test drive highly recommended tower speakers that other very happy Yamaha receiver owners use.

Budget (street) >> $1200

Wants: smooth yet detailed, deep and wide soundstage, can crank when desired and not fatigue the ears, does wonders for female vocals, diverse enough to handle metal, classical, Floyd, REM, Led Zep.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Look at Paradigm. I am using the Monitor 9s (with a Yamaha RX-V995) which are very nice. Also the Monitor 7 is an excellent bargain.
Their reference equipment is very good, but may be a bit pricey.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I have an RX-V1000 (the predecessor to the 2200, I believe), and have Paradigm Studio 100's. They sound neutral to me - I like to think of it as accurate. Some think the combo can be bright, I don't. YMMV...

The 40's rank as good or better (although they're not floorstanders), and should be driven a bit better with the Yammie. Plus, they cost a lot less than the 100's. I think you can get them for well under $1200. If you can make a trip into Canada, you can do better... Since you're planning to run a sub, I think these would be a great choice.

If you don't ever plan to upgrade your amp section in the near or distant future, you may want to look elsewhere.

Good luck,

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks