Madonna: Hard Candy

Discussion in 'Music' started by Lucia Duran, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

2. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

Me! I can't wait. It's getting a lot of good early buzz. 4 Minutes is not a masterpiece, so I am hoping the rest of the disc delivers.

3. John Wielgosz

John Wielgosz Stunt Coordinator

(Waves hand)

I've uh...heard the album through... unnamed sources... and while I like '4 Minutes', it's actually one of the weaker tracks in the context of the album. Most of the Pharrell Williams produced material is outstanding, and two of the Timbaland/Timberlake productions are fantastic Madonna ballads. For all of the 'urban hip/hop' hype, this is a 80's inspired pop album through and through.

4. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

Yeah, I hear the album has been leaked all over the net and if you are good with searching you can find it.... I just want to wait and hear it when it is released.

I've been a HUGE fan of Madonna's since 1983 and I adore her just as much today as I did then.

5. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Ive heard it as well and Im not sure what to think. Im not the biggest hip-hop fan but I do like Timberlake and Timbaland That being said ther tracks are great and I love 4 minutes. Ill give it a few more spins before making final judgement.

I am a Madonna fan but I dont have all her cds. I loved Confessions; its one of my fav albums of all time.

6. Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm Stunt Coordinator

The Beat Goes On is very Kelis, it sounds like it belongs on her Tasty album. The chorus on Dance 2Night sounds so familiar. It's very reminiscent Aaliyah's Rock The Boat. Spanish Lesson seems like some JLo reject. Incredible is not at all. Really, the only song I'm liking here is Give It To Me.

7. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

well after having a listen.... I'm not all that impressed. I will give it another listen, but I am just not feeling her new sound.