What's new

M. Night Shyamalan's "Signs" (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm in. My BD buying trend is to purchase all new releases available on BD that I'm interested in, and to only replace those movies I love on DVD with a BD counterpart.

Signs fits the latter scenario.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

My apology to all. I'm not accustomed to talking about such matters here. The old mind spiraled out of control.

wally

Second Unit

Me too Crawdaddy. Damn, I guess I need to start double dipping some time. Ooops forgot about 2001 already!

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I think it´s just "fair play" to include spoiler-tags, even when you´re not sure that is something really "spoiler" or not etc. Just to make sure is always the better option. It takes 2 seconds for people to read that "hidden" spoiler-tag.. ;)

Generally speaking (not about you Travis), people are very careless in the forums. It might take a few years after some people see certain "new film" (=that´s new for the most of us) and new generation constantly re-discovers the older ones. Even many reviewers give plenty of spoilers for some reason, like people would want to read 5 pages about the plot of the film anyway..

I mean basically, you can spoil e.g. "The Village" just by a few words.. That´s why I didn´t read a single review of the film before I actually saw it.

But I agree with you Travis, "Signs" is one damn fine film.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Robert, I think I read you, but you're reaching well beyond where I would think the typical reader would connect the dots in terms of how the points in said conversation impacted the actual plot developments. In other words, if someone who hadn't seen SIGNS could tell me how the film ends based on my post, I'd eat my shoe--promise! You guys can watch! :D In any case, sorry for the purely unintentional transgression; I'll try to tighten the noose around my description of scenes in the future.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
However, your comments could cause someone to guess the ending prematurely while watching the film for the first time which to me would spoil their enjoyment of it. Anyhow, I made my point.

Crawdaddy

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Personally, I even find the sheer knowledge of the presence of a twist ending to be a spoiler.
Certainly in some cases.

Cees

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Its the same for me. Personally, I prefer to know as little as possible about the film before i watch it.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
How many DVD releases has there been of Signs? Just one? I don't have it in front of me but if I remember correctly, it was bare bones, right? I hope this BD release has some good extras on it.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

One release, with these extras:

""Making Signs":
- 'Looking For Signs' (6mins)
- 'Building Signs' (8mins)
- 'Making Signs: A Commentary By M. Night Shyamalan' (23mins)
- 'The Effects Of Signs' (9mins)
- 'Last Voices: The Music Of Signs' (9mins)
- 'Full Circle' (5mins)

5 Deleted Scenes:
- "Graham And Merrill" (1min)
- "Flashbacks":
---- 'Scene #1' (1min)
---- 'Scene #2' (1min)
- "Dead Bird" (1min)
- "Alien In The Attic And The Third Story" (5mins)

"Storyboards: Multi-Angle Features" (with 3 Audio Options*):
*Audio Options:
- 5.1 Final Mix
- 5.1 Score Only
- 5.1 Effects Only
- 'Graham, The Knife And The Pantry' (3mins)
- 'Graham And Merrill Chase The Trespasser'
Night's First Alien Movie:
- Short Film "Pictures" (with an Introduction by M. Night Shyamalan) (2mins)
THX Optimizer
10-Page Collectable Booklet"

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
It's funny. My mom had the ending of The Sixth Sense figured out from having seen the 30 second TV add.

Doug

wally

Second Unit

Me too Southpaw. I remember being disappointed at the lack of extras and DTS when compared to other Dual Disc Vista Series Releases from M. Night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks