Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Glass (2019)

Tagline: You Cannot Contain What You Are

Genre: Thriller

Director: M. Night Shyamalan

Cast: James McAvoy, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Anya Taylor-Joy, Sarah Paulson, Spencer Treat Clark, Charlayne Woodard, Luke Kirby, Adam David Thompson, M. Night Shyamalan, Shannon Destiny Ryan, Diana Silvers, Nina Wisner, Kyli Zion, Serge Didenko, Russell Posner, Kimberly S. Fairbanks, Rosemary Howard, Bryan McElroy, Owen Vitullo, William Turner, Johnny Hiram Jamison, Leslie Stefanson, Marc H. Glick, Brick Mason, Bostin Christopher, Ukee Washington, Colin Becker, Brian Anthony Wilson, Tobias Segal, Joseph Thuet, Tatiana St. Phard, Tom DiNardo, Timothy Chivalette, Jack McCafferty, Darby Schlosser, Jordan Coker, Emma Hong, Xaiver Gerald, Tim Duquette, Nathan Nauroth, Ana Leonard, Jennifer Butler, Vincent Riviezzo, Jessica Heller, Rob Yang, Jane Park Smith, Brian Donahue, Aurora Karine, Andrew Hunsicker, Marisa Brown, Matt Jacobs, Jon Douglas Rainey, Shayna Ryan, Ursula Triplett, Sarah Grgic, Lory Molino

Release: 2019-01-16

Plot: Following the conclusion of SPLIT, GLASS finds David Dunn pursuing Kevin Wendell Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Elijah Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The full trailer:

M. Night Shyamalan has had an extremely spotty track record, but Unbreakable was the movie that showed that The Sixth Sense wasn't a fluke, and Split was his best movie in years.

Interesting how prominently Anya Taylor-Joy is featured in the trailer, including many scenes that appear to be completely separate from The Horde. Given that the main trio is stacked 2-to-1 in favor of the supervillains, I wonder if Casey Cooke will be revealed to be a superhero like David Dunn.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Alex Ross poster

F7922DB3-6BF1-4911-9A87-1DE7858A7287.jpeg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Im looking forward to this despite not liking Unbreakable which I think is one of his worst films.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've also never really been a fan of Unbreakable, but enjoyed Split. I'll check this out unless the reviews are dismal.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Im looking forward to this despite not liking Unbreakable which I think is one of his worst films.
I usually find myself nodding in agreement when reading your posts, but every now and then you come out with something like this, and I think to myself, "what is wrong with him." :)

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Loved Unbreakable (his best, IMHO), and haven't really seen anything from him since the distastrous Lady In The Water, but just ordered and received Split on the strength of this thread, but haven't watched it yet.
It could be great, or it could be just garbage, but I guess we'll see ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I usually find myself nodding in agreement when reading your posts, but every now and then you come out with something like this, and I think to myself, "what is wrong with him." :)
:lol: Sorry mate.

To be honest I haven’t seen it in it’s entirety since 2000.

I plan on revisiting it before seeing this film.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I've also never really been a fan of Unbreakable, but enjoyed Split. I'll check this out unless the reviews are dismal.

I also was never a huge fan of Unbreakable. I remember being hugely excited for it after seeing The Sixth Sense, not to mention the initial teaser trailer showing Bruce Willis as the only survivor of the train crash. But I was underwhelmed when I saw it in theaters - I was in high school when it came out, where getting to see a new movie was a pretty significant pain in the butt to achieve, so I remember that sting of looking forward to the movie, putting effort into getting out to see it, and still being disappointed with the end result. I've seen it a couple times on DVD since then, and I've still always had the same response. I picked up the Blu-ray for free a couple years ago and haven't watched it yet, but will do so before seeing Glass. I'm excited to see the cast, and I think the movie has potential and I hope to love it... but since Unbreakable was never a favorite movie of mine, the idea of an Unbreakable sequel isn't an earth shattering development.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The element I'm most interested in is Anya Taylor-Joy's character. By the end of Split, I was convinced that she was one of the Supers too. I'm hoping my theory is confirmed and Glass lets us know what her abilities are.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't seen the prior two movies. I do have them on disc with Unbreakable on BD and Split on 4K/UHD. I'm thinking of watching them now since those movies are connected to this new one.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I love Unbreakable but I can see why it’s not for everyone.

Bruce’s performance is very very subdued but it’s clearly the way it was intended and directed by Night.

I think it’s a well put together movie.
All the pieces just fit together beautifully and organically.

It ranks at number 4 on my list of favorite movies.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I remember liking Unbreakable a LOT back in the day, even more than The Sixth Sense (probably because someone rudely spoiled the ending, therefor getting a lot less out of it). I haven't seen it in years, but will gladly re-watch it and still need to see Split before this movie comes out. Though Signs was always my favorite M. Night film, Unbreakable was a very close second.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Signs was a good movie. But I have to admit, it actually did give me nightmares once. :eek:

I loved Unbreakable and Sixth Sense as well, but I still haven't seen Split. Need to rectify that before Glass comes out! ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Split was decent. I should probably revisit Unbreakable.

I'm disappointed that we have to endure Sarah Paulson if we want to watch Glass.

I'm also amazed that they seem to be allowing James McAvoy's bare butt in the green band trailer. No big thing IMO, but the MPAA is usually so uptight.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Split was decent. I should probably revisit Unbreakable.

I'm disappointed that we have to endure Sarah Paulson if we want to watch Glass.

I'm also amazed that they seem to be allowing James McAvoy's bare butt in the green band trailer. No big thing IMO, but the MPAA is usually so uptight.
I think she's an excellent actress. Perhaps, I'm in the minority.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.