What's new

Loud pop/thump on subwoffer.... (1 Viewer)

pdog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I get a loud thump/pop on my powered sub when changing inputs (CD, DVD, TV, etc) I'm also getting it when I turn through TV channels and other Reciever functions. I've had this same system hooked up for about 2yrs now and never had a problem until recently. I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I've tried all kinds of things to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Its driving me crazy and It sounds like the subs going to blow, so I just un hooked it for now.

System:
Reciever - Yamaha RX-V740
Sub - Klispch SW-10

Real Name
Adam
I had the same problem last year and come to find out, my problem was the amp. After a while they tend to go bad. Once that happens, every time you turn it on, off, change channels, or inputs, it will send a surge of power to it and eventually blow it. That was my problem and the same thing happened in my truck with my speakers and the stock ford pre amp going bad. Everytime I turned anything they would pop and eventually blow. Its one one the worst things for the speakers to be "Popping" like that.

pdog

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
My reciever is only like 2yrs old so It gets me mad that its going bad so soon. I've been shopping around for something new. I'll end up getting something this weekend. Thanks for the help

Echo42987

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
1) Check your ground, could be bad.
2) If you have another reciever hook it up and see if it still has the same problem.
3) Unplug your reciever from he wall then plug it back in.

If these don't work I can give you a couple more options

-Nick-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks