What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Lost In Space: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Joe Kelly said:
Watched the first 5 episodes, finishing "The Hungry Sea" right now. The first 2 episodes of Season 1, the pilot "The Reluctant Stowaway" and "The Derelict" contain bumpers and TV commercials from the broadcast premier. HAPPY 50th, LOST IN SPACE cast, crew and fans!
If you Play All, you won't see the network versions with commercials. You have to choose those individually. But it's awesome to have them in order on the same discs and not way off on a bonus disc. If you watch one at a time, manually, you can still watch the network versions in order.

The quality of these transfers is extraordinary. Really beautifully done. The bonus features are fantastic, too. Well worth the wait!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Although my order showed shipping UPS Ground, it actually shipped USPS. Once I entered the tracking number with USPS, it shows the arrival for tomorrow. It has been in Tampa since Saturday. The tracking also had a notice that there is an exception with the shipment, apparently a problem with the address, but are currently dealing with the local facility. Never heard of that kind of message, so now I'm hoping I get this tomorrow in undamaged condition.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Mine arrived and I haven't watched yet since I needed to think of a different storage procedure. The one they came up with is ridiculous in which Fox, the last studio that still gave us double-sided DVDs now feels the need to give us a double sided storage thing for the discs in not convenient slide out fashion. I have put all of them in three solid old DVD cases of 6, 6 and 8 repsectively (the last two for my old DVDs of "Fantasy Worlds Of Irwin Allen" and the complete "Lost In Space Forever" special). It burns me up I can't display them properly but I will not jeopardize the discs by leaving them in as is.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yes it is irritating me as well. Normally I remove discs in inconvenient and/or harmful packaging to safer pastures without question, but my vanity has me: I want all the sets I contributed to on a separate shelf in original packaging. So I have two sets of Batman and two sets of Lost in Space; one to display and one that has been stored professionally with ease of use in mind.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I found that if I'm willing to live with "Fantasy Worlds" and the old LIS Forever DVD stored elsewhere, then two 8 DVD cases and a slimline 2 DVD case will fit in the box the set came in which at least allows me to store it on the shelf right with the other contents kept out of the box.

Watching the first episode now and a couple points. I have always had a crush on June Lockhart's daughter Anne because of "Battlestar Galactica" but the Blu-Ray remastering proves how June was quite a beauty in her own right! (especially in the silver spacesuit).

Also, I have always found it amusing how when Smith is trapped aboard, he is not wearing the nondescript jacket we first see him in, and in the subsequent episodes but in a standard Class A USAF jacket. I've always felt this continuity gaffe of him wearing the other jacket in subsequent episodes was on purpose to keep the villain of the story from being seen in a regular USAF uniform week to week.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The commentary track by Kevin Burns and Mike Clark on "Reluctant Stowaway" is more a primer on the whole restoration project than the episode but works as an introduction to the set as a whole.

Now checking the bonus disc and seeing the 1973 animated special for the first time and it is one of those amusing WTF kind of experiences when you thought you'd seen everything regarding LIS! Hearing the "Uniblab" voice for the robot made me think over and over again of a comeback refrain, "Smith is a stoop, stoop, stoop." :) But kudos to them for including it.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Windows_10_Hero_FWIA_zpsnasj1cw0.jpg

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
UPS had this scheduled for delivery to me today, so I was really excited.

But they moved the package too slowly (blaming the shipping date) and now it won't be here till tomorrow.

We'll watch our DVD version of "The Reluctant Stowaway" tonight, for the 50th anniversary.

Then we'll watch the Blu-ray version tomorrow night. (And hopefully think "wow … that was worth the wait!")

At least LOST IN SPACE premiered on a Wednesday night, so it's a legitimate continued celebration.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The video and audio are stunning. Absolutely beautiful.
I had the remastered Star Trek on dvd, so when I bought the Blu sets they were an improvement but not night and day like LIS is.
My old dvd sets might as well not exist in comparison to the Blu Ray.
I'm so happy even the packaging is ok with me(at least it is colorful).

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
My set arrived today - and it is in pretty good shape. A couple of the corners were slightly crunched, but that was it. Definintely have to get some new cases because the cardboard sleeves for disc storage is totally unacceptable. Once I work the discs out, they are not going back in.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Received mine today as well. Corners were dinged up but that is about it. Like most have stated the artwork is colorful and in the spirit of the show, too bad the sleeve concept just won't work for me. Luckily, I already pre-ordered and received my 6 disk blu-ray cases. My disks have been extracted from the nightmare and are safely stored in their new home.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Mine has also arrived. It is in close to pristine condition.

After putting in Disc 1, I'm already impressed that the menus for the black & white season are in pure black & white.

Amazing detail compared to the DVDs.

Harry

MattHR

Screenwriter
My copy just arrived and I didn't even need to open it to know that the packaging would be ruined. As others have mentioned, the shipping carton isn't even a box, but rather a perfectly-fitted piece of cardboard wrapped around the set offering absolutely no protection whatsoever. Of the eight corners on the set's packaging, there isn't a single one that wasn't crushed in. In fact, even if just one corner was crushed as-is, I'd be returning it for a replacement.

Also as mentioned before, the set's outer box/case/sleeve isn't really any of those. It's barely thicker than paper, so any slight mishandling would cause damage. There is no open end to the outer "case" for easy content removal. Instead, the top and bottom have tuck-in flaps, which would no doubt become ragged after just a few open-and-closes.

Next to the packaging for I Dream of Jeannie, this is the worst packaging I've seen for a deluxe complete-series release. I'd like to watch it, but that would require opening the set, and it can't be returned as "opened". Huge disappointment and major inconvenience!

EDIT: Why didn't Fox simply use the style box that Shout Factory uses for their releases? Those boxes are super-sturdy with extra-thick walls.

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
Mine arrived from Amazon today, in a padded shipping pouch. No protection whatsoever. The corners of the Blu-ray case were mashed in and there was other damage too.

Why in the hell doesn't Amazon put something like this in a box with some bubble wrap around it? Jeez.

Going back. Replacement on the way. Here's hoping for better packaging, though I have my doubts.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Eastmancolor said:
Mine arrived from Amazon today, in a padded shipping pouch. No protection whatsoever. The corners of the Blu-ray case were mashed in and there was other damage too. Why in the hell doesn't Amazon put something like this in a box with some bubble wrap around it? Jeez. Going back. Replacement on the way. Here's hoping for better packaging, though I have my doubts.

I stopped ordering from Amazon for that very reason. Over 75% of the items I received were damaged due to their insufficient packing. Amazon has even sent me notices that I exceed their "allowed" returns, even though every incident is 100% their fault. Man do I miss the days of being able to buy these things in regular stores.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Apparently the Robot Limited Edition has better packaging but I'm in the UK and DHL won't be delivering mine until wednesday. Well done Amazon Canada for getting it here so quickly.

Surely it would be better to press Play All if you want to see the network versions with the standard versions available when selected individually? This was how Network did it with similar contents on the Supermarionation set and it made sense.

Most of the time I will watch the standard versions so if I want episode 3 I have to skip or FF through the first 2 to reach it? Surely not?

There must be an option to watch the standard versions individually too I hope

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
My set arrived today and fortunately no real damage but man this has got be amongst the worst packaging that I have ever had the privilege of handling - like others above I shall have to gingerly remove the blu-rays once and put them into proper cases to protect them and the original packaging as I am convinced it won't last otherwise. :(

Will get to watching the set later this week - hope there aren't issues.

Regards,

macfan601

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
MattHR said:
My copy just arrived and I didn't even need to open it to know that the packaging would be ruined. As others have mentioned, the shipping carton isn't even a box, but rather a perfectly-fitted piece of cardboard wrapped around the set offering absolutely no protection whatsoever. Of the eight corners on the set's packaging, there isn't a single one that wasn't crushed in. In fact, even if just one corner was crushed as-is, I'd be returning it for a replacement.

Also as mentioned before, the set's outer box/case/sleeve isn't really any of those. It's barely thicker than paper, so any slight mishandling would cause damage. There is no open end to the outer "case" for easy content removal. Instead, the top and bottom have tuck-in flaps, which would no doubt become ragged after just a few open-and-closes.

Next to the packaging for I Dream of Jeannie, this is the worst packaging I've seen for a deluxe complete-series release. I'd like to watch it, but that would require opening the set, and it can't be returned as "opened". Huge disappointment and major inconvenience!

EDIT: Why didn't Fox simply use the style box that Shout Factory uses for their releases? Those boxes are super-sturdy with extra-thick walls.

Mine arrived in perfect condition today. I do realize though that the blu ray discs will be scratched if not stored in something else. Through a little trial and error I discovered that a 6 disc DVD case with one center page fits perfectly in the included blu ray slips. I am not going to fool around with blu ray cases with multiple pages when a DVD case fits perfectly in the slips and then back in the box. Looks very original that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomkzufomsg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale