What's new

Looking Forward to Mario Golf GC!! (1 Viewer)

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Unbelivable!!! After buying the Gameboy Player, I spent over 30 hours playing Mario Golf GBC. The high point of my time was a hole-in-one on a par 4.

Now I am looking forward to Mario Golf Toadstool Tour for the Cube. I played the demo at EB and it was very cool. There was some control problem I had, but I'm sure I'll figured it out.
BTW- When does the GBA version of Mario Golf come out? ( you know, for that GBA/GC conectivty!!)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

I am a huge fan of Mario Golf for GBC. Great game. I actually like it better than the N64 version. Both are directly 'inspired' by the original Hot Shots Golf (same developer) for PSX, also a good game.

I'd definitely buy a GBA version. I'll probably be skipping the Gamecube release in lieu of playing Links online with XBox live. It'll still probably be a good game.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Isn't Mario Golf for the GameCube supposed to be out this week? Has anyone bought it or seen it for sale? I can't wait to hear how this one turned out.

Pieter

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Mario Golf for the N64 is/was my absolute favorite game for that system. Amazing game, and I can't WAIT to get the update for the Cube. I probably won't buy it for a year or so, until after I finish Timesplitters 2 which I just bought yesterday (for a steal!) and some of the other old games I need to finish... like my season for Madden 2003 (ok, so I'm slow...)

When I saw this at EB the other day, I was excited. I can't wait!

Alex S

Second Unit
According to the Target circular from this Sunday's paper, Mario Golf comes out this Wednesday, July 30th.

:)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Just called Gamestop and the fella on the phone said it would be out Tuesday afternoon. Can't wait.

Pieter

Damien

Supporting Actor
target has something exclusive coded in the game, but i can't remember exactly what it was.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Any reviews/ratings? I've never played any of the Mario Golf incarnations on this or previous N systems. Somehow I'm interested now.

Copies sold at Target will include the Target Bullseye tour tournament, according to this past Sunday circular.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I believe its all copies and not just the ones sold at Target, but I could be wrong. We need some impressions from whoever gets the game! :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I am still interested in Hot Shots Golf online. Not if they charge a monthly fee, though. The cost of the hard drive may be a factor as well.

If I'm bored of Links by then I might give it a shot. I do like the 'Camelot' style of golf games in addition to the more realistic ones.

The other PS2 online game that might prompt me to get a BB adaptor is Bomberman...I saw an article a while back about it being in beta in Japan with half a million users...

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Agreed on Hot Shots Golf online. After seeing the commercials yesterday for Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually. I just happen to prefer the character designs and personalities in HSG, and can't wait for an online version.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Chris:

It's called, being poor and a DVD freak first, gamer second. I'm broke, and still have the N64 version, I'll make it...

whoo...

I'll make it...

gasp...

I can... gulp...

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I found it today at Target. Did NOT find it at Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, or Gamestop. I can't comment on gameplay yet - I'm going to wait for my wife to come home so I can have some competition - but I'll write again later.

Pieter

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
All righty then. Finished a round of Doubles play with the wife and lost by one stroke. Man was that annoying! It's hard to say how it will compare to the N64 Mario Golf over time, but I see some definite improvements in graphics, sound and control. Whether or not that'll add up to an improved experience will take some more game time. For now, I think it'll see some pretty constant use in our household.

Pieter

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
It just came to me the one big letdown I noticed was the camera. The N64 version was easier to use and more effective at showing the player what needed to be seen.

A second, smaller complaint is the DPL2 sound wasn't very atmospheric. I didn't hear anything from the surrounds.

Pieter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks