What's new
World Wide Stereo

Looking for a good projector screen (1 Viewer)

HDnuts100

Grip
Real Name
Ted Saydalavong
Hey everyone,

I just bought a Panasonic PTAE2000U projector and I'm looking for a screen. I just got a condo so the screen I'm looking for has to be somewhere between 80 to 90 inches. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I don't want to spend more than $200, so I'm not looking for high end stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
At $200 or less you have 2 options: A pulldown screen(which will develop wrinkles unless it's a tensioned one), and a DIY screen. You can make or paint a screen for about $40.

Woodpin

Auditioning
Real Name
Daryl Woodworth
Painting the wall is your most economical option, but here's an idea I fell in love with for $60 and a few pieces of strapping and an afternoon. I found an acoustically transparent 1.0 gain white screen material from Dazian Fabrics (on line, or eBay) that is a fine weave rather than a perforated plastic so it attaches easily to a frame just like stapling grille cloth with a little stretch for a wrinkle free surface. The screen goes 10' wall to wall and 7' high from the floor, and I placed all the speakers behind the screen with the center channel truly in the center. This gives a very neat uncluttered look to the room and the sound comes at you right from the visually perceived source on the screen - very realistic. Really puts you in the scene. I don't notice any degradation of audio clarity and I am an audiophile. The picture is as sharp and colorful as any commercial cinema I've been to, even better than some, and my projector is a three or four year old Panasonic AE900u LCD. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks