What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Lois and Clark possibly in 2005! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I have a vivid memory that it was actually like 100 minutes (1 hour, 40 minutes) with commercials. The network did something else with those last 20 minutes...is this ringing a bell with anyone out there?

Also, I know for a fact that the pilot, while aired in fullscreen of course, was DEFINITELY shot in widescreen. Deborah Joy LeVine said so at the time, in several magazine interviews, that it was geared as a possible film feature in case the show didn't get picked up.

I wonder how all this will play out on the DVDs.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jimmy M

Second Unit

I remember it being 1 Hr. and 45 minutes including commercials the first night it aired.

Yet I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday... :confused:

Jimmy!

Rolando

Screenwriter
Jeff# you are killing me man!

Some of us are discovering Smallville on DVD and have not fully caught up... I would have a appreciated some spoiler tags!

Ah, just bugging you. It's my bad for not watching faster!

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

That sounds about right to me. I remember it being close to two hours, but that sounds like the right run time. It's been so long, wish I could remember for sure :)

I could probably do some searching at the LnC board I post at and see if there's anything in the archives there :)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Well, I didn't give that much away, Rolanda! Anyway, the WB network used to air reuns of Smallville of the previous season on a second night of the week when new episodes still aired on Tuesdays (it's on Wednesdays now). Since then, on basic cable
ABC Family has been rerunning the first 3 years for months. So it's not like you didn't have several chances to catch them all off air! ;)

JEFF (never mind the " # ")

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
HDNET, has been airing the first 3 seasons of smallville in order for awhile now.
and of course in hd.
i think they are somewere in the middle of season 2

anyway i look forward to the set of L & C.
i enjoyed the show but some real supes villains would have been great.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I remember really liking this show and absolutely falling in love with Teri Hatcher (took me awhile to realize she was Penny Parker from MacGyver) but other than that I don't remember many details.

Count me in for picking up the at least the first couple seasons. :emoji_thumbsup:

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Anyone know if the original music from the first season will be there or replaced? I remember "Holding out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler from the Pilot, and I think there were a few other original songs in Season 1

TomJC

Grip
What I remember from the pilot was that it ran in a time period shorter than two hours. It seems to me that when they split it up into two one hour episodes, there were additional scenes included.

Wonder if "Holding out for a Hero" is such an expensive song. ;) Has been used soooo often (for example the "Short Circuit" Johnny 5 movies).

I also remember "Superman" by REM in the episode where Lois is brought to a different dimension (where she is already dead) and has to make Superman out of the "other" Clark.

Must be episode 58 - "Tempus Anyone?" I think.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I can only think of one song that Warner Bros has replaced on their sets; the infamous song that delayed "La Femme Nikita: Season 2." With that in mind, I think they'll be able to license the songs for Lois & Clark.

Gord

Jeff#

Screenwriter
What song was that, Gord? I've been wondering when the 2nd season of La Femme Nikita was coming. Was it a great rock tune by Shirley Manson's group Garbage?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea which song it was, but it only lasts 30 or so seconds (that's what I was told).

Gord

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Kryptonsite is a reporting that's there a rumor that Lois and Clark, and the Adventures of Superman will be coming out on June 7th the same day as the Wonder Woman release, that would make alot of sense

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Sure hope the rumor's true....been looking ahead to this release for a long time :D I'm not a great '90's TV series fan but this one's a sure-buy :emoji_thumbsup:

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I just got a promotional e-mail from WHV confirming that Season One of Lois and Clark is being released on June 7. The part I am worried about is where it states as a feature: "Original Pilot Presentation".

Does this mean that it will be the shorter version which originally aired?

The other features listed are:
• $59.98 SRP
• 21 Episodes (1034 min)
From Rivals to Romance series retrospective
• Visual Effects Featurette
• Dean Cain Pilot Commentary
• Original Pilot Presentation

Jimmy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks