What's new

Lionsgate Press Release: Requiem For A Dream (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[ATTACH ]76785[/ATTACH]
SANTA MONICA, CA (August 10, 2020) – One of the most powerful psychological films ever made, Requiem for a Dream Director’s Cut arrives on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital) October 13 from Lionsgate. From Academy Award®-nominated director Darren Aronofsky(2010, Best Director, Black Swan), the critically acclaimed film features cinematography by two-time Academy Award® nominee Matthew Libatique(2010, Best Achievement in Cinematography, Black Swan; 2018, Best Achievement in Cinematography, A Star is Born), music by Golden Globe nominee Clint Mansell (2006, Best Original Score, The Fountain), and stars Academy Award® winners Ellen Burstyn (1974, Best Actress, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore), Jared Leto (2013, Best Supporting Actor, Dallas Buyers Club), and Jennifer Connelly (2001, Best Supporting Actress, A Beautiful Mind), as well as Marlon Wayans (Scary Movie franchise, White Chicks). Remastered for the first time in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos — and packed with brand-new bonus material — this 20th Anniversary Requiem for a DreamDirector’s Cut package is the ultimate way to experience the film.

Celebrating its 20th anniversary with a 4K Ultra HD release, Requiem for a Dream — with a screenplay by Aronofsky and Hubert Selby Jr., based on Selby’s novel — is a hypnotic film about four people pursuing their visions of happiness. Even as everything begins to fall apart, they refuse to let go, plummeting with their dreams into a nightmarish, gut-wrenching freefall.

Available for the very first time in this stunning format, the Requiem for a Dream 4K Ultra HD scan was supervised by cinematographer Matthew Libatique and includes four brand-new featurettes exclusive to this release. Experience four times the resolution of full HD with the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, which includes Dolby Vision, bringing entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Additionally, the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features Dolby Atmos, which will transport viewers from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with moving audio that flows all around them. Fans will feel like they’re inside the action as the sounds of people, places, things, and music come alive with breathtaking realism and move throughout the space.

The 20th Anniversary Requiem for a Dream Director’s Cut 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

4K ULTRA HD SPECIAL FEATURES

• NEW: “On Set: 1999” Featurette
  • NEW: “Transcendent Moments: The Score of Requiem for a Dream” Featurette
  • NEW: “Ellen Burstyn on Requiem for a Dream” Featurette
  • NEW: “Through Their Eyes: Revisiting Requiem for a Dream” Featurette
  • Audio Commentary by director Darren Aronofsky
  • Audio Commentary by director of photography Matthew Libatique

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • “The Making of Requiem for a Dream” Featurette
  • Deleted Scenes with optional Audio Commentary by director Darren Aronofsky
  • “Memories, Dreams, & Addictions: Ellen Burstyn Interviews Hubert Selby, Jr.” Featurette
  • Audio Commentary by Darren Aronofsky
  • Audio Commentary by director of photography Matthew Libatique
  • Marketing Gallery

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: © 2000 Requiem For A Dream, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Theatrical Release
Rating: Unrated (previously released in a version rated R for intense depiction of drug addiction, graphic sexuality, strong language and some violence)
Genre: Drama
Closed Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
Feature Running Time: 102 Minutes
4K Ultra HD Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation with Dolby Vision
Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
4K Audio Status: English Dolby Atmos
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 7.1 DTS-HD Master AudioTM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 1.39.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 1.39.13 PM.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 214

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sorry, but there is no way I would want to watch this very depressing movie again and especially in 4K/UHD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert,

I am kind of glad you were the guinea pig here.

I never heard of this film. When I saw the press release and grabbed the trailer link, I took a look at it.

It seems to me that this is a highly acclaimed film. The reviews on Amazon for the Blu-ray rate it very high saying it is the most emotionally "real" film they have ever seen.

But many felt the same way you did. It's not the kind of thing you want to watch again.

I am kind of thinking I should sit this one out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert,

I am kind of glad you were the guinea pig here.

I never heard of this film. When I saw the press release and grabbed the trailer link, I took a look at it.

It seems to me that this is a highly acclaimed film. The reviews on Amazon for the Blu-ray rate it very high saying it is the most emotionally "real" film they have ever seen.

But many felt the same way you did. It's not the kind of thing you want to watch again.

I am kind of thinking I should sit this one out.
I actually watched this movie during one of our HTF Meets out in LA. A group of HTF members watched it at a Hollywood movie theater. It's a really good film about drug addiction with tremendous acting performances by Leto, Jennifer Connelly, Marlon Wayans and especially Ellen Burstyn. However, as our group walked out of the movie theater, we all acknowledged what a tremendous film it is, but none of us had any desire to ever watch it again. It's that depressing about a severe problem in today's society. In this film, there is no sugar coating of this serious issue.

It's been 20 years since that theater viewing and there are film sequences that still haunt me today.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Gut wrenching. Brilliant acting. Brilliant film making. Oh, that refrigerator! That dildo! That...!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
cbb708d4-d840-4f24-9392-e79f9af44231.jpg
5af68298-0dea-db9f-7b6d-7c3d6aee81eb.jpg
0de55854-556d-655b-e4e8-eb6bc3c5cdba.jpg
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM – BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK
4K + Blu-Ray + Digital Street Date: 1/18/2022
SRP: $27.99
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
One of the most powerful psychological films ever made, Requiem For A Dream arrives January 18th on 4K Ultra HD™ Steelbook from Lionsgate, exclusively at Best Buy. From Academy Award®-nominated director Darren Aronofsky (2010, Best Director, Black Swan), the critically acclaimed film features cinematography by two-time Academy Award® nominee Matthew Libatique (2010, Best Achievement in Cinematography, Black Swan; 2018, Best Achievement in Cinematography, A Star is Born), music by Golden Globe nominee Clint Mansell (2006, Best Original Score, The Fountain), and stars Academy Award® winners Ellen Burstyn (1974, Best Actress, Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore), Jared Leto (2013, Best Supporting Actor, Dallas Buyers Club), and Jennifer Connelly (2001, Best Supporting Actress, A Beautiful Mind), as well as Marlon Wayans (Scary Movie franchise, White Chicks). Featuring all new artwork from Vance Kelly, Requiem For A Dream will be available on 4K Ultra HD™ Steelbook at Best Buy for the suggested retail price of $27.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Darren Aronofsky’s Requiem for a Dream – with a screenplay by Aronofsky and Hubert Selby Jr., based on Selby’s novel – stars Oscar® winners* Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly, and Ellen Burstyn, along with Marlon Wayans, in a hypnotic film about four people pursuing their visions of happiness. Even as everything begins to fall apart, they refuse to let go, plummeting with their dreams into a nightmarish, gut-wrenching freefall.

4K ULTRA HD SPECIAL FEATURES
  • “On Set: 1999” Featurette
  • “Transcendent Moments: The Score of Requiem for a Dream” Featurette
  • “Ellen Burstyn on Requiem for a Dream” Featurette
  • “Through Their Eyes: Revisiting Requiem for a Dream” Featurette

CAST
Ellen Burstyn Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, The Exorcist, The Age of Adaline
Jared Leto Dallas Buyers Club, Suicide Squad, Blade Runner 2049
Jennifer Connelly A Beautiful Mind, House of Sand and Fog, Noah
Marlon Wayans Scary Movie, White Chicks, TV’s “Marlon”

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: Requiem for a Dream © 2000 Requiem for a Dream, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Catalog Re-Release
Rating: R for intense depiction of drug addiction, graphic sexuality, strong language and some violence
Genre: Drama
Closed-Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Feature Run Time: 102 minutes
4K Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation with Dolby Vision
4K Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD Master AudioTM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks