What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Blue Steel (1990) (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
blue.png

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Releasing on Blu-ray™ for the first time ever, Blue Steel arrives November 14 on Blu-ray™ + Digital from Lionsgate. Written and directed by Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty, Point Break), this release will feature updated artwork and new special features. Blue Steel, which Moviehole calls “a captivating and thrilling whodunnit,” will be available on Blu-ray™ + Digital for the suggested retail price of $21.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Making its Blu-ray™ debut, this classic ’90s thriller directed by Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty) stars Jamie Lee Curtis as newly minted NYPD officer Megan Turner, who responds to a grocery store robbery – and kills the perpetrator – her first day on the job. But Megan’s uncorroborated story of the shooting gets her suspended from active duty when the stickup gun mysteriously vanishes. Enter a charming-but-disturbed commodities trader (Ron Silver), whose obsession with Megan threatens to destroy everything she holds dear, pushing her into a desperate fight to salvage her reputation… and save her own life.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• Audio Commentary with Film Historian Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• “A Hired Gun” with Editor Lee Percy
• “The Phallic Woman: Deconstructing Blue Steel” with Film Historian Professor Jennifer Moorman
• “Staring Down the Barrel” with Production Designer Toby Corbett
• A Profound Emotional Response – A Video Essay by Film Historian Chris O’Neill
• Theatrical Trailer
• TV Spots
• Vintage Promo
• Still Gallery

CAST
Jamie Lee Curtis Halloween, Everything Everywhere All At Once, True Lies
Winner Ron Silver Timecop, Reversal of Fortune, The Arrival
Clancy Brown Highlander, The Shawshank Redemption, John Wick: Chapter 4

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: Blue Steel © 1989 Vestron Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Artwork & Supplementary Materials ®, TM & © 2023 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Catalog Re-Release
Run Time: 102 minutes
Rating: R
Genre: Thriller, Crime, Action/Adventure, Drama
Closed-Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
Blu-rayTM Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (1.78:1) Presentation
Blu-rayTM Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HD Master AudioTM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I probably saw this one back in 1990-91, but if so, I forgot.

Hoo-boy, is it awful! One of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

PQ is lackluster at best on the BD. Audio fine and a nice set of bonus features.

Terrible movie, unfortunately, Just stupid as can be from literally the start.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I probably saw this one back in 1990-91, but if so, I forgot.

Hoo-boy, is it awful! One of the dumbest movies I've ever seen.

PQ is lackluster at best on the BD. Audio fine and a nice set of bonus features.

Terrible movie, unfortunately, Just stupid as can be from literally the start.
I saw this when it came out. I recall it being one of the most beautifully lit movies I had ever seen. Also one of the most confounding. The plot is so illogical and the characters so poorly conceived it's as if the director decided to present a series of abstract images into which all creative energies were invested, then threw in some half-baked thriller plot at the last moment in the hopes it could be advertised as "commercial". That doesn't make sense, but then, neither does the film. Since I found the film jaw-dropping beautiful, you would think the PQ would be exemplary, but since it isn't, what's the point?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw this when it came out. I recall it being one of the most beautifully lit movies I had ever seen. Also one of the most confounding. The plot is so illogical and the characters so poorly conceived it's as if the director decided to present a series of abstract images into which all creative energies were invested, then threw in some half-baked thriller plot at the last moment in the hopes it could be advertised as "commercial". That doesn't make sense, but then, neither does the film. Since I found the film jaw-dropping beautiful, you would think the PQ would be exemplary, but since it isn't, what's the point?

I'll be curious to hear others' thoughts.

Speckles abound, so there's little cleanup work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks