What's new

Link to last post disabled after thread is read (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
After reading a thread, the link on the left is disabled. If I revisit a thread after previously getting caught up, I have to click the title, start at the first post, and then navigate to the end (and then add a comment to the latest posts).

This is a bit cumbersome. I suggest shading the dot/star icon to a lighter color for a read thread, but keep it an active link to the last post.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
That link isn't disabled for me. I saw this, went out and refreshed the list of threads I'd been looking at, this one showed that it had been read, but the date of last post was still a good link that brought me right back.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
DaveF said:
After reading a thread, the link on the left is disabled. If I revisit a thread after previously getting caught up, I have to click the title, start at the first post, and then navigate to the end (and then add a comment to the latest posts).

This is a bit cumbersome. I suggest shading the dot/star icon to a lighter color for a read thread, but keep it an active link to the last post.
I see what you mean, but you can click the last page number or hit the preview button and last post link, as other ways to get there

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Woops -- I just reread my post, and I misstated that -- of course the left-hand link was disabled. But I do use the date-of-last-post link often to go immediately to the last post, which is especially useful in catching up on threads I hadn't read since the move, since the 'unread post' function hasn't been working at all on those (at least for me).

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ah, I missed that. I thought that link was part of the Member Info link above it, and would take me to the member page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks