What's new

Likes changed to "reactions"-- why? (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dave, I think the scores for these new options might be incorrectly set to 10 rather than 1, as my total 'Reaction Score' has jumped by about 30 points.
I made Love and Insightful worth 2, where as everything else is a flat one. I think it just recalculated your total score.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yes, all positive reactions have the same value as a like. Now we can also add negative reactions, such as dislike but haven't turned that on.
A dislike or thumbs down emoji I would welcome. I don’t think it should count as a negative be used to diminish the likes score. Let the expression of dislike be enough. IMHO.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had no idea that there were more options than LIKE. I think that is great, though I am not sure about the dislike. We'll see if that causes problems down the road.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm glad for the added "reactions". This brings it more in line with what Facebook and Messenger and (Apple) Messages do. It also gives a bit more expressiveness.

I'd consider replacing "dislike" with "sadness". That allows a bit more nuance in reacting to someone's comments on difficult times, personal loss, health challenges, etc. Dislike seems to me to only be a negative.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think that's a mistake! This post illustrates my thought process about why it's a mistake.
I’m glad it was added. I will however, use it sparingly. If some like a movie I hate, states an opinion contrary to mine, that’s not a reason for a “dislike.” For me, the dislike will be for mean-spirited posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks