What's new

Life on Mars (US) season 1 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Also the fact that Angie Dickenson's "Police Woman" reference was off by a year, doesn't matter! Just another glitch!

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Wasn't there also some kind of "Dream Police" reference in one of the last episodes? Off by 6 years. ;)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Sorry, is this a joke? Or was she actually listed in 4 other episodes and didn't appear? What's up with that? I thought I remembered seeing her (in flashback) or at least hearing her voice in several other episodes.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I think she played his girlfriend in 2008, so she wasn't present much, but I believe he was serious saying she was in 4 episodes.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Could it be that Lisa Bonet had a scene in the finale and it was cut for time?
A bunch of the episodes followed the extended Lost episodes. I wonder if some of the episodes were cut when they were shown on ABC.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember seeing her either in the finale or in other episodes other the the pilot.

I do have a a vague memory that I might have seen her on one instance, mid season when Sam was looking into the TV and seeing images from 2008.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Wasn't there a 'flashback' scene in the last episode? I think Bonet's face was among the images, in which case, they'd have to give her credit I guess.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Wasn't she a nurse in a soap opera that Sam was watching on TV where she basically said she had to move on with her life?

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Much of Lisa Bonet's "appearances" consisted of being one of the voices in the background when Sam was thinking he might be in a coma and he thought he heard the people around him in the ICU, urging him to come back.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So I've gotten my hands on the British DVD and I can definitely see why those of you who saw that first were saying it's practically identical.

... Even the actors look similar, especially Chris in both versions. I just finished the 'football' episode, and I'm hoping they start to diverge pretty soon. Either way, they're both very good, as far as I'm concerned.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys-

Some of you may know this; I saw a promo on my local PBS station, KQED serving the San Francisco Bay Area, will air the UK version of Life on Mars starting this Friday. I've only seen the US version, so I may try to catch this.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The UK version is, (IMHO) infinitely better. I think the US version really suffered because of star power. I feel bad for the show, because they retooled when they had a set staff.. and I think who they had at the beginning of casting was better then what they ended up with...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think the show would have been better off if it had used a completely different cast of characters and completely original scripts, just keeping the concept of a modern detective getting hit by a car and waking up in the early 1970's. Right up to the end, it was impossible to avoid direct comparisons.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I, too thought the British version of the show was much better. The British version had a much better ending to the series than the US version, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks