What's new

Life on Mars (US) - Comes out on DVD, September 29th (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, like "October Road", another victim of ABC's inability to properly allow it to build an audience.

I'm looking forward to owning the complete series, and all the great 1970s music used and "October Road" referenced throughout.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lif...e-Series/11488

EDIT: Could one of the moderators edit the thread title? I mistakenly hit the wrong key, and it comes out on the 29th (not the 26th). Thanks.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Plus the British version gets a release in the summer, so you can compare the British and the American version and see which is better.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This was a really enjoyable show with a great, likeable cast, tasty music selections , good writing and the feel of a show that was a labor of love to all involved. I look forward to re-visiting it hopefully on Blu-ray when it comes out in September. I'm glad the producers had enough notice on the cancellation to give closure to the series (I read they shot an April 1 finale with a different explanation than the BBC version).

I've seen the BBC Life on Mars sequel, Ashes to Ashes, and I have to say that the American version of LoM is much better, funnier, and more suspenseful where it needs to be (the shootout in AtA was a comic joke). If the original LoM was anything like Ashes to Ashes, I'd have to say I prefer the American version. (This from a fan who vastly prefers the BBC Ricky Gervais version of The Office over the American version). But I'll check out the BBC original of LoM as it becomes available.

But to the curious, this series is worth the watch, whether you purchase the set or rent it.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Since 1973 is one of my favorite years of life...I shall buy Life On Mars unconditionally this coming fall.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
In fact, I shall make it a Christmas buy for the next holiday season!!!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
cool that its getting release, here's hoping we also see further abc releases before the end of the year including Legend Of the Seeker, Gary Unmarried, Samurai Girl, Cane and Cavemen

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
It's cancelled?! Shoot- and last week's episode was one of the best. :frowning:

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
wonder if they'll throw in the original pilot with Colm Meany in Harvey's role. that would be a nice bonus feature.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Beware, some of the '70s music on the British version was changed for the R2 DVD release, so just be aware that some of the songs used in the US version might get changed, too.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Actually it was'nt all that bad, just different, Colm Meaney did fit the role, but they wanted more panache I guess, and it would've been interesting to see Lenny Clarke substituting for Micheal Impirioli basically channeling the Soprano's Chrissie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks