What's new

Lexicon DC-2 vs Meridian 565 vs integrated (1 Viewer)

MarkoV

Auditioning
I planning to get used processor or new integrated.
There is used Lexicon DC-2 and Meridian 565 forsale.
Or I could buy new integrated for example Pioneer 49TX.

Any recommendations which one get and why ?
90% use for hometheater and 10% use for music.

Current system consists Jamo Concert series speakers and Rotel 5*100 watt amplifier.

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Both of these are terrific units all around. I would go with the Meridian. The stuff they make is totally world class. I think it is the superior unit. The lexicons are very highly regarded but it has been my experience that they arn't the best for analog audio. The Pioneer will not be able to touch either of these in terms of sonic performance. My $.02

-rob

Holger

Stunt Coordinator
marko,

if home theater is your major goal, i strongly recommend to go with the lex. you won't find another piece of audio equipment that's even close when it comes down of movie- soundtracks playback (with exception of higher lexicon models of course).

in terms, of music playback: oh well, i'm perfectly happy with my lex mc-1 and it's outstanding *music logic* program. i'm also always fascinated when i turn on the *panorama* effect, which gives you a total 360 degree sound field, even with only the two front speakers running.

well like always, you have to listen for yourself to make your decision, but what rob wrote is 100% correct: neither the pioneer nor something else in the consumer market
will even come close to a lexicon or meridian preamp.

regards, holger

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I have to agree with Holger. I sold my year old Ref 30 and bought a MC-1 when the MC-12 came out. For Movies there is nothing better than Logic 7 IMO. I have had the V4 chip to put in my unit for 2 months now and have not felt a need to rush to do it. It is a cut above Pro-logic II for DSS and 2.0 AC-3 sources. I still have to check to see if something is broadcast in 5.1 or 2.0 its so close in sonics and dynamics. Well the old caveat that you have to listen for yourself still applies.
Cheers,
Steve

ling_w

Second Unit
If you main goal is HT, you would probably go for the Lex, but if you care anything about music, the Meridian is the way to go. It has Trifield mode that is untouchable by anything out there as far as naturalness of 2ch playback with no hokey pokey panarama.

The 565 has limited switching capabilities like the 568, so you would either need a 562/562v/562v2/518, or your own passive/active switcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks