What's new

LCD install above fireplace (1 Viewer)

bigDog1

Auditioning
Real Name
Vernon Royale
I may be relly late to this thread but I would like to insert my 0.02. I have a 42" flat screen hanging over my fireplace and it is working just fine. given i do not use my fireplace often. My wife would like to use it but since it is gas and my heating system is gas also I do not see the need for the fire. However the placemen t depends on your seating arrangement. my family room is 16 x 22 and the fireplace is on the 22ft wall which gives me no choice with seating arrangement. Because of the distance (16ft across from the fp) the height is not an issue and there is no neck strain and it is even better when we are laying on the couch.

You can Install the TV over the fireplace. We have done a lot of installations over fireplace and there is no harm to the TV. It is recommended that you use a professional company to do it. Also visit www.audiovideoking.com and go to their Blog you will find instructions over there how to install a TV over a fireplace.

mgconnection

Auditioning
Real Name
MARK
FIREPLACE INSTALLATION

1. when mountinting your bracket try not to break through the brick behind the wall (if you do use a sealent with the anchors

2. consider were you are geting your power from (YOU DO NOT WANT TO RUN ELETRIC

WIRES DOWN THE INSIDE OF THE FLUTE)

3.there are wire moulding kits (tape on back side with stright and 90) you can buy that you can hide your wires ont the outside

[COLOR= #f00]CAUTION [/COLOR]if you have a wall mounted tv over a fireplace buy a carboun monoxide smoke detector and fire up your fireplace. put the detector by your wires comming through the walls and check for any leaks better to be safe then sorry

mgconnection home improvement and repair

[email protected]

mbeal3

Auditioning
We had a similar situtation in our family/tv room. Our fireplace took 1 corner of our rectangular room. The mantel is about head height - making it far too high to put a television up there permanently. The 12 inch deep mantel barely comes to room temp after burning for several hours. When looking online I found http://www.dynamicmounting.com/. This mount allows you to mount the tv above your fireplace mantel (angeled downward and safe from the heat when having a fire), and then you can pull the tv OUT and DOWN. This brings the tv out in front of the mantel and down to a normal viewing height. I posted a video on youtube showing how we use it in our home.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks