What's new

Last Season, Best Season (1 Viewer)

dietcola

Second Unit
Real Name
les nessman
thought this might be an interesting topic for discussion: name a show whose final year was its best. could be an extremely short thread, given that most series will run out of steam before they're over...

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
First series that immediately came to mind was Fringe.

While I loved just about every episode through its five year run, the final season really does have a satisfying payoff to the story line that was the basis for the 2nd half of the series.

- Walter.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Closest I can think of right now is Angel. On the one hand, I want to say season 4 was the best, but since it was highly serialized, it's hard to go back to individual episodes. Season 5 was much more episodic, and there is a stretch of 5 episodes where 4 of them are among my top favorites. (The 100th episode, Smile Time, and the two parter with Illyria.)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Closest I can think of right now is Angel. On the one hand, I want to say season 4 was the best, but since it was highly serialized, it's hard to go back to individual episodes. Season 5 was much more episodic, and there is a stretch of 5 episodes where 4 of them are among my top favorites. (The 100th episode, Smile Time, and the two parter with Illyria.)
I don’t know if I’d pick Angel, but I do remember being knocked out by the episode “You’re Welcome.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks