What's new

Laserdisc Player Problem (1 Viewer)

I have a Pioneer Elite CLD-79 LD player and when it comes time for the player to automatically flip a disc it doesn't always work. Nothing happens and on the top left of the TV it flashes P0. Any ideas what might be going on?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Try posting for Kurtis Bahr at AVS Forum. He seems to be there more lately. He's a pretty durn sharp repair guru. He proably can name that tune in one note...?:) It could be dirt on the bar the laser slides on, I had a player with similar symptoms once. Kurtis will know, I'm sure. Best wishes!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Might also be a belt stuck somewhere inside. My CLD-D502's been doing this the last few times I've used it, though it's gotten next to no use at all in the past 5 years. Last year I opened it up to see if I could fix it though, and it looked like something off to the side that should rotate was stuck. I spun it by hand and that got it working again for a while.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Tyson, my CLD-79 does that with some discs as well. You can write Kurtis at: [email protected]

Let me know what he says. I have not used the player that much in recent times and I guess I could get off my butt and bring it to Kurtis since he is only 35-40 minutes away.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I wish I was a 40 minute drive from Kurtis. He states that he can go in and adjust the players for better performance. I would love to have him tweak my 79, but there's no way I'm going to chance sending it by mail. You should have him tweak yours Phil and see how much better he can get the image. I'd be really curious to see how much improvment you can get.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Greg - he actually did fix it. The unit was bought from a 'Sleeze' on 'Sleeze-Bay' and came in all messed up (yes I understand about the shipping problem). I had him bring over his tweaked CLD-97 and his HLD-X9 so I could see it on my 100 inch screen. He actually told me to bring it back about some other minor problem I had (CD direct does not work properly, I can play CDs by opening the LD drawer but don't use it for CDs much - the analog outs are connected to a Carver Sonic Holographer for fun) but have not gotten to it. After seeing the differences between players on my screen and even with the small number of discs I have (130-140), I traded him my CLD-59 and some cash for a 704 I will use when I get to the basement (hopefully within a year) and I have a 64 inch TV down there waiting to be used. I compared the 704 and 79 and they were about equal - he tweaked them both. I probably should have bought it myself but a few weeks back someone was selling a CLD-97 and 238 LDs on Audiogon for $600 in the DC area. I sent Kurtis and E-Mail and I'm sure he jumped on it. I've only watched a handful of movies on my player in the last yr. and probably over the winter will catch up on the 25 or so I have not watched. Maybe then I'll get the bug and bring it over to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks