Pioneer Laserdisc Loading Problems

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Rusty Anderson, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Rusty Anderson

Rusty Anderson Auditioning

Hi, everyone...

I've got an old Pioneer CLD-D504 Laserdisc combi-player thats having problems getting discs completely loaded. It does fine until it has to compress the spring in the upper disc clamp. At that point it stalls and I can hear, what sounds like, the loading motor laboring against a slipping belt. If I take the disc clamp assembly loose it loads up fine. I've inspected the clamp/bearing and it is functioning fine.

I feel like the problem is this belt. Does anybody have any experience with this problem? If so any repair advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance-RAA

2. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

Very likely it is the belt.

I have a player which suffers from this intermittently (which I blame on my not using it enough). When this happens, I hit the "Power" button, it turns off, then I hit "Power" again & it loads up fine. Have you tried that?

3. lankyfrank

lankyfrank Auditioning

I have a 504 that will load a disc fine, test mount and release fine. I can hit the side B button and send the carriage up to B side position.

When I press play, or the carriage reaches the top of the B side position and triggers autoplay, I can see the laser carriage roll into start position and it sounds like the spindle motor whirs up momentarily. But then it stops and I get a U1 error. The carriage returns or lowers and the disc ejects.

Does anybody know where to get a repair manual or schematic for this model? An exploded diagram would be most helpful.

Thanks all!

4. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

Yes.