What's new

Kosher Coke, or Mexican Coke made with real suger cane (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Save Mart in Clovis, CA. Central California (fresno) area pretty much.

Yep. Glass bottles. These aren't exactly the 'Throwback' variety but they do use real sugar. They are good old fashioned Mexican Pepsi. Great stuff!

Shane D

Supporting Actor
the wal mart's around here in missour have had the sugar pepsi in 12 pack boxes. dr pepper and mountain dew too i think

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cool, Pepsi in bottles! I just got a bounty of 14 Throwback Pepsi cases! I wanted to get as much of it as I could before they stopped making it again. Hopefully it will last till they make another batch.

But that case of pepsi on the bottles is great! I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the heads up!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Pepsi has recently announced that the throwbacks are now part of the regular rotation, and will sell it until people stop buying it.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
That's certainly how it appears, since they've now released it three times within a couple of years, successfully.

Are you listening, Atlanta??

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Chas in CT
That's certainly how it appears, since they've now released it three times within a couple of years, successfully.

Are you listening, Atlanta??
Pepsi seems to get it, they also have sugar only Siera Mist. Not available at all with hfcs anymore.

There is a slightly decent message board for beverages.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I don't drink cola (or any soda with caffeine) so it would be nice if they made Sprite or 7-Up with sugar.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Kevin did you read the post just before yours?

Sierra Mist is in that category.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TonyD
Pepsi has recently announced that the throwbacks are now part of the regular rotation, and will sell it until people stop buying it.
Hooray! I was just wondering about this as I was restocking my Pepsi One - if they would bring it back proper.

A few weeks ago I was surprised to find a small handful of cases off to the side. Apparently they had it come back and I didn't hear about it. And I was down to half a case, too. So I bought a few more.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
What does regular rotation mean? They make small batches and sell it out and then make more a few months later?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TonyD
Good! I was just telling my friends and my mother who loves the real sugar stuff that it appears, especially with Throwback being available straight through the whole year, that the 'real sugar' soda drinks are making a comeback. Damn straight!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm a lifelong Coke drinker, but the 20-ounce Pepsi Throwbacks are such a great taste from the past that I keep a few around for when I can't find the Mexican Coke in glass bottles.

I tried the Pepsi Throwback, unfortunately, it still tased like Pepsi

Fortunately, There are now at least 3 places near me that sell Mexican Coca-Cola (although unfortunately, it's more expensive than just being able to pick it up in a 2 liter bottle, but I try to limit my non-diet soda consumption anyway)

I hope it's only a matter of time before Coca-Cola puts out a regular sugar version (akin to Passover Coke) for regular sale. With HFCS as the current health whipping boy and sugar versions of these soda apparently exceeding sales expectations, it would seem like a no brainer.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
The HFCS industry seems to be in a panic, though, going all out to persuade the public that all "sugar" is "sugar", and the body doesn't distinguish one from another. They're also (if I heard correctly, haven't bothered to investigate this) petitioning the FDA or whoever to change the name/description of their product from "high fructose corn syrup" to "corn sugar". For such a large and powerful industry, they sure seem to be on the run.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yes, the bottled Mexican Cokes are expensive, and an occasional treat, not a regular thing. I enjoy one every week or two at most. I've been a diet soda drinker for years now, and my regular is Coke Zero, for which I remain eternally grateful. Its creation was the greatest thing ever.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
They were giving away cans of Coke Zero outside of Turner Field after a Braves game this season and I tried one. I'm sorry but I thought it tasted nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks