What's new
World Wide Stereo

klipsch rf-35's or rf-5's? (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still continuing to piece together my HT and now i've come to the tower speakers. I have a large room about 25x30x10, and am having trouble deciding between the 35's and 5's. I am powering the mains with a yamaha rx-v1500. I am figuring that the main difference between the two models is bass response due to the 5's larger woofers, but I am most likely going to be investing in a svs pb-12/2isd or something similiar. So is it really neccesary to upgrade to the 5's? I would also appreciate any information on internet sites that sell klipsch tower speakers. I'm not weary about buying online and I like online prices alot better than in store prices. I'm just having trouble finding the towers online except for a few that are on ebay.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,
I'm thinking the same thing. I am planning to buy a pair of Klipsch from my installer. I am deciding between the RF-5's and the RF 35's. I auditioned the RF-35's, but I have never heard the RF 5's. What's the best local price you found? I believe I was offered 15% off the MSRP. I am interested in how you are going to resolve this issue. I have to admit, I tend to buy the more expensive of two options, assuming the more expensive is better. I know, I know, this is generally stupid and ill advised. Anyways, good post.

yc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks