What's new
World Wide Stereo

klipsch paradigm axiom ? (1 Viewer)

romie

Auditioning
looking to get a new set of large bookshelves.
the room's not big enough to go with floorstanding speakers.

budget.....cheap?
uh, 400-600 is what i'm looking at probably.

considering the axiom m22, the paradigm studio 40 and the klipsch rb-75

Reciever is a denon 3802

75% music, maybe more. actually, it's only music right now.... ht in the future.

went and heard the axioms at someone's house. really liked them but lacking a little in the bass dept. also his setup was pretty awful, so a lot was lost in the room's dynamics. Used to own a set of klipsch kg4s. awesome, except the tweeters died and they were too big.

for those that have had a chance to really hear these speakers (not in-store), lend me your thoughts....

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

mackie

Supporting Actor
Paradigm Studio 40 v3 run considerably more than $600 unless you can find them used. I own a pair and really enjoy them. You'll need a good sub though.

David Ruggiero

Stunt Coordinator
If I'm not mistaken, those Klipsch RB-75's run $600 each . Or is that what you meant in your budget, $400 to $600 each speaker?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
If I'm not mistaken, those Klipsch RB-75's run $600 each .
__________________________________________________ _______

With discount I think I payed around $950 for the pair but that was a package deal. $599 each is the normal price. I think their going to stand the test of time in my HT.

romie

Auditioning
i can get a pair of rb75s online for ~$700. yes, if i got the studio 40's they'd have to be used. I'm not as terribly concerned about the price right now. as long as it's in the right ballpark.

has anyone done comparisons with any of these speakers?

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a pair of Newton M80 bookshelf speakers for our modest home theater (Integra 6.2 Receiver, JVC XV-N410B DVD, Newton MC300 center, Newton S200 surrounds, Sony KP46WT500 television). They replaced my two smaller MC200 units from the same line which I moved into another room.

They're being offered at Cambridge Soundworks for $319.99/pair. I found the build quality to be very, very good. I also found the performance to be very, very good. I selected these speakers because I felt that larger floorstanders would overpower the room, and I was willing to sacrifice a little performance for better suitability. However, when listening to these speakers, I'm finding it hard to locate exactly what it is that I sacrificed. In my particular room, I doubt that a $1,200/pair of bookshelf speakers would outperform them without really going to town with acoustical treatments.

I've had a Newton Series speaker setup from Cambridge Soundworks for nearly two years now, and I'm quite happy with them. I can afford a much higher-end speaker, but I don't have the room setup to justify a higher-end solution.

Sean.

Joey_V

Second Unit
I heard the axiom m22 vs the paradigm 20... not same league. Now, take the paradigm 40 and you kind of know where I'm going here - no contest.

THe klipsch RB-75... remember that its a love it or hate it kind of speaker. If you like the forward sound of the horns - go for it.

Personally, my vote goes to the Paradigm 40s - no contest.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
The Paradigm's are very good but they cost more than twice what the Axiom's cost. I auditioned the 40's before I bought my Ascend's. For a B & M speaker, they're an excellent choice in their price range.

David

mackie

Supporting Actor
I replaced klipsch speakers,older model KSF 8.5, with Paradigm, Studio 40 V3. As mentioned before, Klipsch is a love hate thing. I loved them when I was living in an apartment and they were in a small room. I hated them when I moved them into the living room of my house. Paradigm still has plenty of detail but not as forward as the Klipsch.

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
Hey mackie, that reminds me. I just listened to a pair of Studio 60 speakers and a monster Paradigm sub at a small local audio/video shop. After fifty years in business, the place really needs to be remodeled. The room was 9x11 with nothing but a chair in the center, with hollow walls that felt like 3/8" drywall on 24" studs! Holy crap, those Studio 60's were being butchered by that room. It really drove home how important room dynamics are! People are walking out of that place with the WRONG impression of the Studio 60, that's for damn sure!

Sean.

mackie

Supporting Actor
Sean - exactly why people need to listen at home before buying. I can only imagine how bad the 60s sounded when they were turned way up. My living room is one of those newer designs lots of open space, high ceiling, and windows. It's funny how some of the same problems I had with the klipsch plague the paradigms too.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I got my RB-75's for 800 plus 40 shipping from a Klipsch dealer on Ebay. So if you can get them for 700, thats one hell of a price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks