Kitschy movie trailers / prerolls / etc. on DVD or Blu?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Colin Dunn, May 24, 2011.

1. Colin Dunn

Colin Dunn Supporting Actor

Did a little Googling but came up short. I'm looking for a DVD or Blu-ray disc that contains a collection of kitschy pre-rolls, like would have been used at a drive-in or grindhouse theater. Things like cheesy '50s-'80s animations / fanfares announcing the start of previews, the feature film, etc.

Some YouTube links as examples of what I'm trying to find:

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

The 3 "Drive-in Discs" from Elite are pretty cool.

3. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen

They were great. Too bad more volumes were not made.

Check out Something Weird web site and look for HEY FOLKS IT'S INTERMISSION TIME! under Trailers and Commercials heading. These are DVD-r volumes of old Drive-In and Theatre intermission stock. Looking at what you want, I remember seeing these on the discs, but don't know which ones.

http://www.somethingweird.com

You might find this interesting. Though, no matter how bad those intermission trailers were, they were good on a huge drive-in screen. If your going to have a dancing drink and hot dog, they needed to be 100 feet tall.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Something Weird puts watermarks on most of their trailers. I have 2 drive-in double feature discs from them which are not watermarked though- Just For The Hell Of It/Blast-Off Girls and The Defilers/Scum of the Earth.