What's new

Justice League Unlimited (1 Viewer)

One word...Awesome! Some of the best superhero action ever. Loved all the little battles, many of the actions beats made me giddy. Loved how they brought in the side/background characters and let them shine, even for a few moments.

About the endI defintley didn't see the whole Brainac thing comming. Kudos to the writers.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Very good episode that flowed dramatically and narratively from the previous ones, paying off small subplots. This is really one of the smartest and most complete shows on TV.

I also agree about the action. JLU has had some of the best action beats I have seen this season. Just great fun to watch. They need to rush THIS SEASON out on DVD, because it's clearly designed to be watched as a long storyline.

Great stuff,
Chuck

Joe:C

Second Unit
I've watched this occasionally and agree that it's a great show.

The Brainiac thing was totally unexpected. So what happened to the real Lex Luthor? I would think he is dead, but would the show kill off a major villain like that?

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen the next episode and.......Lex is still alive and Brainiac basically implanted a backup of himself that had been influencing Lex and augmenting his strength. This is why he was able to throw around Batman so easily. I think everyone will be shocked to see how and who deafeats Lex/Brainiac. Very well done IMHO.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Divided We Fall was another great one. The show keeps getting better. Is next week's episode the last new one for a while? How long until the next season starts? And what season will that be for Justice League? Third? Fourth?

I see that plans were unveiled this weekend showing that the next season will intriduce the Legion of Doom from the old Super Friends cartoon. This show is bound to take a weak idea like that and make it work.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

They showed the opening scene from next seasons first episode at Comic-Con this weekend. To say it got a huge applause would be an understatement. According to the panel discussion the LoD will play a major role throughout next season.

There were also questions (actually the first question) about boxed season sets on DVD and Bruce Timm said it will probably be a while before we see those.

Chris S.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Expected, but still sad.

Very excited about next season. Any idea when it starts?

Sam, next week's episode (Epilogue) is the final episode for this season. I'm glad it'll get at least another one.

I really enjoyed the Flash stuff in Divided We Fall. Just brilliantly executed.

Take care,
Chuck

Shaun

Second Unit
I wish they would release this series on DVD already. I've missed every single episode so far and deperately want to see it. I keep forgetting to set my DVD recorder (no TIVO). Whoever had the idea to put this show on Saturday nights, when most people are out having a good time, and then not show reruns during the week is insane.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
CN reruns the new episodes at 10:30PM on Sunday. It has been the only way I see it, since I always miss the Saturday showing.

Jason

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
I thought the finale with The Flash was awesome. I also thought it was interesting how the artwork/animation of him just before the coupe de grace resembled the flash from Kingdom Come.

I also wish they would offer this season as a season set, I would buy it in a minute.

RG

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Great finale, though much more Batman Beyond than JL. And way Batman-centric. Which isn't a bad thing. I see Batman in JLU like spice. Too much is, well, too much. Not enough, and it's bland. This season was right. He should pop up every now and then. Let's you know it's serious. I really enjoyed it. Especially the badass Terry at the beginning, and decrepit old Wayne :)

This season was a real wonder, the strongest work done by Timm, Dini, and team in their animation career. As a superhero fan, this season has been a treat. I'd be thrilled to see it on DVD, though I imagine that is years away. I Tivo'd a lot of it...but not all.

I am extremely excited about the Legion of Doom next season. Heck, I'm just excited this high quality show is returning. It's 50% of my regular shows (Scrubs being the other half, and it's a half a year away...at best) :frowning:

Take care,
Chuck

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The finale was another good one in what was probably the strongest season of any of Warner's animated shows since they started in '92.

Season sets should be moved up on the schedule and put in the stores ASAP.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Not just a good show, a great one. Excellent story telling, bringing Ace back was just superb and linking her to Cadmass is just incredible.

At Silverbulletcomicbooks.com/All the Rage. there is a story(with pics) for the future of the JLU, the info came from the JLU panel at san diego comic-con. The Good news is that the same creative team will be back for one last hurrah.

The Bad news is that apparently the head of Cartoon network animation who is now in charge of the upcomming Legion of superheroes show feels that Bruce Timms vision is "tired and Dated" and that they will reboot all future DCU properties that become animated. Judging by the recent anouncement of the new Batgirl animated show by the creators of The Batman show, this looks to be true and WB's new direction.....not happy.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I knew something like JLU was too good to last. It was too intelligent -- which made it inevitable that studio execs would want something dumbed down for mass consumption. I'll look forward to the next (last?) season of JLU, and hope for DVD sets to preserve the great years of the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks