What's new

Justice League Unlimited (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
So has "Task Force X" aired in the US yet? I don't know the CN schedule, but the season will be done in the next two weeks in Canada. I believe CN will air the remainder every week from now until done (6 weeks of eps to go, 7 if "Task Force X" hasn't aired yet).

Hopefully, and I mean hopefully, whenever Warner gets around to releasing JL and JLU season sets they will put 'em out in their originally animated 1.78:1 format. I'm still confused as to their previous releases (Mystery of the Batwoman - animated wide, released cropped; Return of the Joker - full frame (I believe - correct me if I'm wrong), but the second release was wide, but not anamorphic. Bizarre.).

And, btw, tvtome.com lists Justice league as "Returning Series (Season 5 Confirmed)". If true, that's excellent news!

mike.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I just got around to catching up on the JLU episodes this week. WOW!!!

The writing, attention to detail, and continuity in this show is absolutely amazing. On top of that, there's always a great deal of attention paid to characterization - each individual member of the DCU is properly handled here by writers who actually appear to respect their origins!

Panic in the Sky was just marvelous, and wow - what a cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining 2 episodes this season, and I'm hoping we get to see another season of JLU next year, with even more character exposition from hero's that haven't been given any screen time (like Firestorm!).

Moe.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Not till after Batman: Gotham Knights, Superman: TAS and Batman: Beyond, I would think.

" Question Authority" Has hit, pretty good episode. The question is easily becomming a favorite of mine, just love his paranoid ramblings.

A question? When was the episode with the Justice lords shown? And is this the same JL group that was in a episode of Batman Beyond?

In a way i'm wishing they would get to the Cadmus v.s JL already but at the same time i dont want the season to end.:)

So I guess Capatin Atom is going to be part of the Cadmus team? Didn't expect that,Nice way to divide and conqueor.

I wish more and more that they would release the season sets of JL already.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Even though the final episode of this season has some "finality" to it, JLU is supposed to come back next season, at least. I like this format where they tell one basic story through out the season, while telling little stories in each episode, ala Buffy.

It would be cool if next season was like the New Frontier series, where we get a lot of origin stories, or something along the lines of Infinite Crisis (though this season may be to similiar to that story).

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo

I agree completely. It made the show that much better IMO.

I loved this season episodes although "Epilogue" felt out of place in the Justice League Unlimited series but loved the sense of closure it provided to another WB cartoon show.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Was "Question Authority" the season finale? It ended on a cliffhanger.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

No, there are 3 more episodes I believe. The rest of the season has already aired in Canada so there are ways to see it already, though I will just have to watch the regularly scheduled broadcast. Excellent season, and another vote for season sets! :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This weekend's episode (Flashpoint) was outstanding. You'd never know you were watching a cartoon aimed at kids on the Cartoon Network. It played out like the best of the paranoid, action-oriented X-Files. Hope there are several more this season. DVD season sets can't come soon enough.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I keep forgeting when this is on. I think I have missed this entire season. This show so needs to be released on dvd. :angry:

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Man, I've been glued to the set every Saturday, even arranging the family outting to be there when it airs. Plashpoint by far is certainly one of the better episodes. I can't wait to see this Saturday and a box set for me with all these episodes will do it for me.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I bought a TiVo essentially for this and Scrubs. Like Jerome, I plan on watching every Saturday night. It's simply too good to not keep tabs on, and a DVD set of this season (and previous ones) would be MIGHTY nice.

Flashpoint was excellent, and set up the last episodes spectacularly.

Makes me happy to be a superhero fan,
Chuck

I hear you chuck. With this Series and all the mostly quality super hero flicks the last few years this is defintley a time that probably wont be matched ever again in the sheer volume of properties out there.

With my career going full bore too, I'm up to my eye balls in super heroics and super heroes, but i won't complain i love my job.

It was a good set up episode but the 30 minutes really kills me. I really liked it better when they ran the 1 hour episodes like before.

Exactly how many episodes are left in the Cadmus storyline, not counting the epilouge?

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Having seen all the episodes for this season, I'll say this...

{Keanu}

WHOA!

{/Keanu}

I look forward to the conversations after you've all finished watching this season. :)

Moe.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Just a suggestion (and I'm going to put this in a spoiler tag, because it's giving away a bit of the spin from Epilogue), in case anyone here hasn't watched Batman Beyond
, do so before watching the final episode. It heightens the enjoyment of the season's final episode, and ends the season with a real sense of purpose & closure.

Moe.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Well "Panic in the Sky" aired tonight and without getting into details, IMO it was the best episode Bruce Timm has ever produced.

I wish I hadn't missed so many before this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks