What's new

Just Shoot Me Question (1 Viewer)

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I've been watching the new "Just Shoot Me" set and the episodes seem awfully short. Most running about 22 1/2 to 23 minutes. Is this right? Are they edited in any way?

Randy

Joseph G.

Agent
I think it might be because they have no theme song. Ive noticed they only ran about 21 minutes also. However the opening theme is just a pencil that rights out Just Shoot Me.

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
The answer is no! JUST SHOOT ME never had a theme song. The episodes may seem short because, if you hadn't noticed, no commercials. Most half hour shows are about 22 minutes long to begin with, then the commercials are added and BINGO, one half hour. Also, JUST SHOOT ME had a very short intro, very much like THE KING OF QUEENS in the first season, and many many current shows.I guess the theme songs were done in to make way for even more commercials. Ever notice that when your favorite show is in syndication, some scenes seem to be missing? COMMERCIALS !!!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
That is about the current running time of modern TV sitcoms but if you have a lot of older TV series on DVD you may be shocked at the time difference. Amazing as it is short, they do get edited for syndication for more commercials and olde sitcoms get edited even moreso. This is why I buy TV on DVD, we lose some of the best parts in reruns and it shows.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I hate when shows don't bother to make opening credits. A opening credit sequence sets the tone for what the show is all about IMO.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Well it actually allowed for more show in this case but if I remember correctly they actually added one towards the end, it was the same music from the beginning but it added the cast dancing around in a creepy all white world...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks