What's new

Just orderd my Panasonic 700U :) -need ceiling mount (1 Viewer)

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Well with everyones help here I made my decision to get the 700U over the z3 for my needs. I ordered a referb (they call it a factory second) Has 90 day warranty and I bought an extended 1 year parts replacement for 99.00. I got a real good deal on this thing so if you guys out there are interested let me know and Ill get you the info so you can look into it.

Well now I need a ceiling mount, I thought I would try a universal one since its cheaper. I found one on ebay for 100 shipped ( any thoughts on this? ). After I get and test the projector I still need to run PVC in the ceiling for cable.

Let me know about the projector mount or if anyone knows where I can get a used one let me know.

Mike

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Just got it and man am I happy :)

I just tested it to be sure all works and it seems to be cool. Just one question for this NOOB. I guess the farther back I move the projector the bigger the screen will get? Im at about 12 feet now and its not that big a screen. Anyone have any tips for me? Im just shooting it on my wall as of now for testing.

This is just the thing I needed to get me back in gear for the theater..

Man I got a deal of the century.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Mike

Chris McGyver

Auditioning
I'm 12' back, and the picture is 7 1/2 feet by 4 feet..
Actually goes a little bigger than that, at this distance.
Were you expecting it to go bigger?
I'm sitting right under the PJ, and it's a very comfortable size to watch.

Have you messed with the zoom?
It's the ring behind the focus.

I imagine you've found that by now.

I'm using the HDMI, and a HD cable box/upvert DVD player.
I can't imagine a better picture!
I love mine!

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Chris, I did actually find the zoom right after I posted that and all I can say is wow. This thing is far better than I was even expecting. Hey what did you do for a ceiling mount? I am 3 quarters threw with my theater, I will be running video cables and then putting up dry wall for the ceiling next week then off to finishing the room and paint. Still have not decided on carpet but with a little luck and even more money I will have it don't by first part of next month. And on another note what are you using for seats? I have been looking around for some good ones to at least get me started, found some silver screen seating at a local pool store and lazy boy has some nice ones as well.

Thanks for you help.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks