What's new

Just Got My Denon 3801. Any Tips or Advice? (1 Viewer)

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
Denon just replaced my AVR-3200 with a new 3801 because they couldn't fix a problem with the center channel. It arrived yesterday and I barely managed to get it hooked up after I spent an evening putting up X-Mas lights.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice or tips on this receiver. I kind of want to shrink the learning curve?

Any problems you've all had would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Bill Harada

Stunt Coordinator
David,

Being that you're coming from a Denon receiver already, the learning curve should be pretty small. The OSD setup should walk you through just about everything you need to do. Just know that the digital ins need to be assigned to the desired inputs via the OSD setup. If the 3200 had assigned digital inputs then you're already familiar with this.

IIRC, the channel levels are tied to the DSP/Listening mode the receiver is set to, so DD/DTS, Stereo, Direct, etc... all can have different channel level settings.

Off the top of my head I can't remember any quirks in setting up the 3801. It was pretty straight forward. Glad you got your 3200 problem resolved to your satisfaction.

Bill

Gil D

Supporting Actor
David,

5 channel stereo sounds extremely good with the 3801, in both analog and digital!

What kind of cd player, speakers and sub do you have?

Do you also use digital cable or sat?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks