What's new

Just got a Vizio E550i-A0 out of a time constraint, please tell me if I should exchange it (1 Viewer)

Jemi200

Grip
Real Name
Jemi Bitti
I'd really like to know from you guys since I had one of my previous TVs break and needed a TV fast.

Did I make the right choice with this model?

I can't go any higher than the price (around $857 w/tax).

I mainly game on it and plan to use it for XboxOne/PS4. However I watch wrestling with my dad on it as well.

I heard of things such as post processing with higher-than-60-fps TVs, so I'm thinking twice about my purchase.

When I get close to it, I see squares at edges of faces or pictures or text. Does that mean it's not good quality? I don't see that as much with my smaller TVs. I'd like a TV that is clear no matter what.

I do like the sound on it though. Is it 2.1? Whatever the sound is like, I'd like something like that or better.

And above all, I want the best TV for that price point for gaming.

Please let me know, I know you guys are smart, thanks a lot!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Macroblocking is the result of the low bit-rate of the program you are watching and has nothing to do with the TV itself. You could buy a $10,000 TV and will still see macroblocking on your video streams.

Jemi200

Grip
Real Name
Jemi Bitti
Mark-P said:
Macroblocking is the result of the low bit-rate of the program you are watching and has nothing to do with the TV itself. You could buy a $10,000 TV and will still see macroblocking on your video streams.
So is the TV good? Great for gaming?

So the TV is so high-fidelity compared to my past TVs that it shows the imperfections of the signal. I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks