What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Journeyman - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Excellent summary. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the show is the inexorable stacking of consequences. Each episode directly builds on an element from the previous episode.

As you said, it's not my favorite either, but it's solid and the character drama strengthens with each passing episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Reed Diamond is best known for playing Mike Kellerman on Homicide. If you haven't seen that show, you really need to go get those DVDs. To my memory, his personality wasn't all that different in that role. Moon Bloodgood played a major character in last season's Day Break (which sadly didn't completely air on TV and we had to catch on ABC's website).

Neil

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

and of course, Kevin McKidd was from Rome. (I believe his Rome buddy is now playing The Punisher too)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think my favorite is Gretchen Egolf, and a scan of her IMDb filmography shows nothing that I've seen or would be interested in. The closest would be Roswell, which it says she was only on for four episodes. For all I know, that could make her a regular. The IMDb's TV series filmography is kind of screwy sometimes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you'd seen "Day Break" you would have gotten a weekly dose of Moon Bloodgood waking up every morning looking fresh as daisies, mmmm....scrumptiousness.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really enjoyed the Double Down episode.
I liked how Dan jeopardized his own future and had to fix it, even interacting with his present self.

I also liked how the whole episode had Dan stay entirely in 1999, and not do triple trips(like normally)

It's interesting how Livia traveled to the future, but seemed it wasn't controlled.

The best episode so far this season

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They should have named this show "Journeywoman" (at least for Livia's 7-episode mission to save Dan's present day situation after playing guardian angel to Dan while he gets his time-traveling legs under him).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

seemed completely comtrolled to me.

they needed money and she was immediately shipped right to the exact spot of the money.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Except that she didn't know where she was and she didn't know that the money was there. We don't even know that she "took off" deliberately. It might have been instinct or it might have been an outside force that propelled her into the future. Doesn't sound "completely controlled" to me. Completely controlled would have been going to where and when you knew you could get the money, safely and without risks and putting yourself through emotional stress.

Did anyone else think it was going to be Livia who called Kate? ;)

I still wonder where Livia "goes" between assignments. We know Dan has a life in 2007. Where is "home" for Livia? The present? The past? Somewhere in between?

Regards,

Joe

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it was controlled to the extent that she went to an exact spot the exact moment they needed something.

i thought this makes it no doubt that something is doing this and there is a nothing accidental about it.
as if someone is watching and one says to the other, "ok we have to shoot her to the money NOW"

controlled by something, not livia.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, maybe not present Livia. For all we know, a five-years-older Livia is in control of the jumps and remembered what needed to be done. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
maybe but there has been no indication of that, or who/what is controlling the jumps.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I agree with you about his character being similar to the role in Homicide. I had actually said that to my wife when we were watching the last episode on Monday.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Reed Diamond's character is so firmly rooted in reality that the only consequence (I can envision) of his discovering Dan's time travel is perhaps his head exploding.

"Wait, you mean to tell me you CAN travel tru tayeem??!!

BOOM!!!

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

What I'd really love to see is for Dan to pull his brother through with him on one of his trips. We already know he can take other things like cell phones, money, trash, etc. It doesn't seem too much of a stretch that if he was holding on to someone, they'd go with him.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think it was Joe who suggested he should probably try that with a mouse first. Unless he's really pissed at his brother that day and doesn't care. :)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
He seems to know when he is about to go back in time, so he could grab someone and bring them with him to the past. But what about when he comes back? He could end up leaving whoever he took back in the past. Which, if it were his brother, would be a good thing. :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Well so. I couldn't have said it better myself. Each episode adds a bit more to the pot and stirs it a little. I like these characters and I like the relationships between them all.
I wish more people were watching it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks