What's new

Joined the Wharfedale club (1 Viewer)

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Today I ordered a set of Wharfedale Diamond 8 speakers.

Diamond 8.4 (Almond)
Diamond Center (Almond)
Diamond DFS (Almond) x2 for 7.1

I have been researching different brands of speakers for some time. I have found many brands I liked but only the Diamond 8 speakers offered the sound quality and value I have been looking for.

I have a Panasonic SE-200S receiver that puts out a good amount of power. Should not be a problem driving the Diamonds. This receiver has a reputation of being very clean sounding. Because of this I shy'ed away from Klipsch. I believe the flatter response of the Wharfedales will be a much better match for this receiver.

Now the worst part is waiting for them to be delivered.

Chris

JedW

Agent
I will be in the market for upgrading my system in the near future and the Wharfedale's looked good to me as well. I am especially interested in the surround speakers. If you don't mind, could you post how much everything cost and where you got them from?

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
The total cost for the system was $1,434.26. This also includes a 12" Powerbass 12 subwoofer. The retailer is Wild West Electronics. www.wildwestelectronics.com

I was also considering the Wharfedale Zaldek series speakers. But these are not highly rated and not all that much cheaper. I could not find a single complaint about the Diamond Series speakers.

Since my receiver is very clean with a shift toward the bright side I have decided not to go with a horn loaded speaker even though that is what I originally wanted.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks