What's new

John Badham's Dracula (1979) Finally coming to R2 DVD, but... (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You're a posting machine Andy, we'll be on the 2nd page at this rate. :D

I've got the region 1 dvd, and the cover's fine it's the 'colour' of the film itself that's the problem, the director John Badham went a little loopy one day and demanded all dvd prints of the film be in a sort of sepiatone i.e. drained of it's rich colour, resulting in a muddy bleached quality, which is what we have now. I'm surprised he didn't order his minions remove John Williams fabulous score and replace it with tinkling piano and organ music. ;)

The original film poster you posted would have been great for this or other future releases.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Steve

Drained you say!

Well we all no who’s been sticking his fangs into the prints don’t we! :D

I can live with that I’ll just turn the colour gently for the region 2 version if it is drained of colour!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Steve

It’s all coming back to me now, I see that John Williams composed the score for it, and if I can recall it being very fast and sweeping with string moment, which I rather liked, thou only hearing it in monaural sound on VHS back in 1980, or 81 and no THX sound of course, so when it hits the shops at HMV or ASDA you can bet I’ll be picking this up!

andySu

Senior HTF Member

Steve

You need more warp speed, so stick in those extra dilithium crystals and get posting mate. :D

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Steve

I think we should send Van Helsing to hunt down who ever commissioned that awful region 2 DVD cover! Good god it worse than the living dead! :D

andySu

Senior HTF Member

Steve

LMAO LMMO :D

Oh mate good one! By the way how in the can you post pictures and I can’t want is wrong with the software on this site? I mean I can’t frigging edit the text on it at the moment and it would help then the posts won’t be so bloody long! :D

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Steve

I remember now this was towards the end, when Van Helsing got the point! :D

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Sadly that looks to be an identical "port" of the Region 1 disc. :frowning:

I will continue to monitor your thread hoping it's more :)

Med

Stunt Coordinator

Mike, those are the R1 DVD specs taken from the Amazon.com link that andySu posted.

Can't find any solid details of the R2 spec/content anywhere yet.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Med

The specs where close to the region 2 DVD, I just changed the running time differences where we run at 25fps and the US 24fps.

From the looks of things it’s virtual the same, except of course that god awful DVD cover, got fix that, maybe look for a good size region 1 DVD cover of the front and print it out to fit in the DVD box, there’s no way I can take the region 2 cover seriously

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks