What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Joey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I've already seen characteristics of both Monica and Rachel in Alex. In something like the second episode, they showed this need for being pretty strict on cleanliness and following the rules as landlady - very much something I could see Monica doing. And a few weeks ago Andrea delivered a line just like Jennifer Aniston would deliver it.

I can just imagine the crossover potential.

I just wish NBC would air the episodes in some sort of logical order. Tonight Jennifer Coolidge wasn't listed as a lead, yet the last two weeks she has been listed as a lead, and the week before I don't think she was listed.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't believe they casted Gavin from "Good Morning Miami" as Alex's husband. It rates an "eh" from me.

This was one of the weaker episodes for me. Nothing really hit a comedic home run in the episode, more like a punch-drunk boxer swinging away, trying to land a good punch.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Although last night was a solid "so-what" episode (but there were plenty of those during Friends), it seems to me that Matt LeBlanc has settled into the character of Joey more solidly now than before. To me, there was something always a little off about his Joey performance in the first few episodes...Joey, but not quite.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
quote:Couldn't believe they casted Gavin from "Good Morning Miami" as Alex's husband. It rates an "eh" from me.

I think that guy's great, whatever his name is.
smile.gif
I really think he has good comedic timing, and plays a good "jerk".

However, I don't know that this role should call for a jerk... maybe I'm just associating him too much with "Gavin" still though.

/Mike

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Talking about airing this in a sensical order from what I gather reading JoeyTV.Net the first 4 episodes produced were also the first 4 that aired. Then the 7th episode produced Joey and the Perfect Storm, aired 5th bumping the 5th and 6th episodes produced in to the 6th and 7th episodes to air.

Next week according to that site and TV Guide is a replay of Joey and the Party.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
the action figure part was funny... though i didn't like the rental car thing goin on there...

Not as funny as the other ones, but it was decent...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Joey and the Dream girl, 2 part episode.

I liked it, I don't think that Joey was ever attracted to a girl on Friends as badly as he had it for Donna. He also showed that he's still that stand up guy when he needs to be.

The Michael and Gina relationship just gets more disturbing by the week.

Gina bailing out Alex tonight on the stereo problem I found funny for some reason.

Next week's episode is called Joey and the Big Audition, so we're back to seeing Joey's work life.

"You are the perfect amount of dumb."

"don't run with scissors in your mouth."

A couple of the funnier quotes from the past 2 weeks.

Howard complaining about Michael hogging Joey was too funny.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
one of the better eps i thought, i loved the howard part... he's hilarious...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Hot Girl was the only funny bit of the episode, the rest was labored and uninvolving. They need to lay off the oepidal crap between Michael and his mother. It's already old and we're not even 10 episodes into the season.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, stop the Gina & Michael stuff, please. It's just creepy.

Otherwise I still like the show. They need to give Michael some more stuff to do in general. And couldn't they have found a better explanation of the computer problem? It didn't make sense to me, and what are the chances she's running a unix machine at home?

/Mike

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
quote: And couldn't they have found a better explanation of the computer

problem? It didn't make sense to me, and what are the chances she's running a unix machine at home?

See, I thought the computer bit was funny because Joey asked about it and almost from the first words out of her mouth, he was lost and probably wished he hadn't asked in the first place. I'm guessing that to most of the audience as well, it wasn't supposed to make sense...and kind of remind everyone of how much of a "geek" both Alex and Michael are supposed to be...especially in the case of Alex because she found out just seconds later that she is more of a combination "geek/hot girl".

Speaking of that I love when Michael shows just how much he's learned from Joey on the subject when he resites the 4 things.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Joey and the big audition.

A landmark episode tonight...the first "How you doin" uttered by Joey in this series.

I thought the episode was ok, no horribly creepy Michael/Gina stuff tonight which is always good.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, and creepy Joey/actress-daughter. :)

It was pretty good. I still like the neighbor Howard a lot, and the Northwestern stuff was very funny. :)

/Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bobbi (Jennifer Coolidge) has gone from annoying to hilarious. I hated her in the first episode, but now I look forward to her scenes. :)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I couldn't agree more.

As for why the Gina/Joey stuff doesn't creep me out as much as Michael and Gina, part of it is because it creeps Joey out so much. Michael seemed sort of resigned to that behavior...and used to it having lived with it for so long, but it still weirds out Joey something fierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TThomps
Recent bookmarks