What's new

Joey ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was another good episode. I'm glad it is guaranteed to be around for a whole season. A lot of sitcoms take a half dozen episodes to find solid footing, but I think Joey is on the right track. I would like to see him go on more auditions and get some gigs, even if it's in some direct to video or Skinimax jobs.

I agree, his sister is a bit creepy, especially around her son, but sh has been raising him since she was 16 years old.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they really need to tone down the "creepy mom" aspect of the show and FAST! But I liked last night's episode. While it's not the best thing on TV, it's enough for me to watch, at least through the holidays. Will JOEY have a Thanksgiving episode like FRIENDS did?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I completely agree with that. This is not funny to me, at all. If this was a father character talking to his daughter like that, he would be under arrest.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'm glad the husband will make an appearance, i was worried he'd be the old "never seen" cliche. i wonder if the "Days Of Our Lives" fan guy will be a new regular... i guess it just depends on if people like him.

i heard on one of the entertainment shows that none of the other Friends characters will be making an appearace the first season. but then rules are made to be broken. wouldn't it make the perfect season finale? or a sweeps episode?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Joey: I am not a sex blob!

I thought tonight's episode was pretty funny, and I'm kind of liking the Michael and Joey dynamic. I didn't really get in to the Gina subplot though.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i dont like how white trash they are making his sister, she seems more like shes' from a trailer than new jersey

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm THIS close to deleting Joey from my Tivo "Season Pass".

They just don't have anything funny for him to do but sit around and whine in his condo. Plus his sister is just dead weight that constantly shows up to chat about nothing.

The kid they picked as Joey's nephew is so bland and annoying, it's hard to even give a crap about what problems he may have.

I mean how much more can you have Joey, his sis & son and the landlord chick do sitting around a condo. They just don't jive like the old Friends crew who were in the same scenario.

Just my nickels worth.

Alfer

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to think that they really need to get Joey "out there," showing him at auditions, like the pilot where he gave the "I'm Name" line. The condo thing is getting boring fast! And the super/supposed "hot" neighbor is becoming dead weight. Bring back the nerdy new friend, and FAST, because Joey's sister's cleavage only signals another lame part with her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode still managed to make me laugh (while Will & Grace didn't). I do think the writing needs to be better because there are some cutaways (right before going to commercials) that fall flat.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I agree that we need to see Joey go on some auditions and focus a bit more on his career, but I also think you will start seeing some of that fairly soon.

I agree on Howard, they need to bring him back. They could have a couple of interesting dynamics going on with polar oposites Gina/Alex and Joey/Howard or Michael.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
while i thought the first 3 eps of Joey were okay, the 4th was definitely the least likeable. not alot of laughs, all the jokes were parodies of sitcoms or moaners.

maybe they should have had more than one sister in LA, each with different personalities that could play off of eachother, and off Joey. still, it's not the premise of the show that's unfunny (writers can make anything funny) it's the actual writing :P

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The descriptions of the next two episodes center around Joey at auditions. So looks like most of you are getting your wish.
smile.gif

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thoughts on tonight's episode...

Taking more than one understudying job, is so something I could've seen "Friends" Joey do.

It was good to see Howard again.

Good to see Joey's work be the focus of an episode.

The biggest LOL moment for me was at the end when he read the Monolog. Just when I think to myself: "Gee, Joey sure has come a long way since "Freud!"" then the music hit.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Finally, a funny episode.

Great to see the nerd - Howard - again. Used very well.

Every thing just hit.

Joey finally nailing the soliloquy then the cowboys dancing had me actually laughing out loud.
biggrin.gif

So glad to this show get funny.

Did Schwimmer directing have anything to do with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks