What's new

Jericho ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Wouldn't be the first time...

There was a massive fan campaign to save LA FEMME NIKITA, which had been cancelled during its fourth season. The campaign ultimately resulted in an 8-episode fifth season, which most fans (in 20/20 hindsight retrospective, of course) now consider to have been ill-advised, but that was mostly due to plot turns which the writers had taken in the fourth season after the original cancellation was announced. There was no way to logically undo some of what had already been done by that point (a couple of major characters killed, etc.). As a result, some very ILLOGICAL things came into play. :frowning:

During the campaign, fans sent in everything from money to sunglasses to TVs, remotes, and VCRs (with letters explaining to the execs that they no longer needed these items if LFN was off the air).

Apparently, fans of Roswell had conducted a similar campaign earlier.

I applaud fans for taking the initiative in these situations. I just hope the Jericho situation can/will ultimately be resolved more favorably than was the case for my beloved LFN. At this point, at least there is very valid hope for that outcome...the writers haven't had a chance to take too many irrevocable paths.

As someone else said earlier...fingers crossed! :)

Here's a bit of info about the LFN campaign:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikita_(TV_series) (The "Save LFN" section)

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/CAREER/...a/index.html#1

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If it gets cancelled again, then it simply wasn't meant to be. Speaking personally, I'll have still gotten eight more episodes of a show I really enjoy and the satisfaction of knowing that my voice was heard. If we ultimately only get another eight episodes, so be it. I'll still be really happy to have taken this journey.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, if it is done right and enough of the right viewers do watch we might get more. CBS is allowing that possibility. Now, the question remains in what the show's creators are going to do in those 7 episodes. Are they going to wrap many things up in case CBS doesn't get the right numbers, or are they just going to continue hoping that the order will increase to 13 or more?

Neil

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
FYI...

All of us fans should work to recruit as many people as possible to purchase the DVD set of the first season on Sept. 25.

Because sales figures speak loudly to a studio like CBS.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Nice! Glad we'll get some resolution to the cliffhanger. I'll be happy with that. I'll be even happier if the show picks up steam and goes on beyond the initial 7 episode run.

Let's watch this!

Rocky F

Second Unit

Pretty much my opinion exactly, I just want the finale of the 7 eps to be open ended, but not a cliffhanger.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
DVD sales will matter big time because this is a show CBS owns. If they see that this show can be profitable in that format, it helps a great deal.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Good news for Jericho fans. Congrats to those who not only wanted the show to continue, but participated in the effort. Not only has the passionate fanbase caught the eyes of folks in the industry, but other potential viewers like myself. I'll have seen Season 1 by the time these new episodes air. I don't mind watching S1 now that I know it it will have some resolution. This partial renewal just turned something I was "blah" about watching into something I see as a potentially rewarding experience. Congrats to CBS as well. I don't think the nuts did it, but they showed they're willing to take somewhat of a risk on a good show that may not necessarily have the numbers as a reward to loyal CBS viewers who invested in the show.

Like CBS said, I really hope the passionate fan base continues to do what it can to make the audience at large aware of the quality of the show so that CBS's gamble on the viewer's behalf is rewarded.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Great news! I'm a happy camper! Hopefully that last epsiode won't be another clifhanger! I will indeed buy the DVD even though I have seen every episode.

Let's hope the whole cast (well the characters that are still living) will be able to come back.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I confess I havn't watched this show. (I seldom watch TV these days, I got fed up with the low-quality reality and game shows they continue to spew upon us along with the increasing number of Commercials being thrust upon us!) This past January I cancelled my Subscription to Cable TV and now most of my viewing is of DVD Box Sets (It's nice to be able to ENJOY an evening's worth of entertainment without all the interruptions for Commercials, Promos and Newsbreaks!) I really give credit to those of you who deluged CBS with Letters and Nuts in order to persuade them to change their minds on this show! The last time I saw something simular was about 10 years ago when Irate Fans deluged FOX (To the tune of 10,000 Letters a day!) in order to get them to change their minds after they decided to Cancel America's Most Wanted. Anyhow good job, and I will begin watching this show as soon as it comes out on DVD! (As I mentioned earlier I CANNOT STAND COMMERCIALS!)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, all I ask is that come next year, you suffer through those commercials. We'll need all the viewers we can get!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I plan to purchase the DVD when it comes out this Fall. (If enough people buy it this may convince producers to continue making episodes should "Eyeball" decice to nix it again) The DVD Market is growing, fueled by people like myself who got fed up with the Bill of Fare being offered by the Networks. I would not be surprised if someone makes a show that will come out only on DVD in the near future.;)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Well, looks like I'll have to put up that VHF antenna now after all. I'm updating my antenna system over the weekend and am putting up a UHF only antenna. The only VHF local I get is my CBS feed. When Jericho got canceled, I figured I didn't need VHF anymore since it was the only CBS show I watched. Looks like I'm going to have to add one to my setup.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I enjoyed the show, expecially the last half, but it's not something I would buy or own on DVD or feel the need to watch more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks