What's new
World Wide Stereo

JBL Pro in home system? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Alex at SVS

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex Donkle
I don't have them in my home, but I've used them in a theater before. They're good, but you really need a HUGE room to really appreciate what they have to offer. They're not great on smaller or subtle stuff in soundtracks, but they fill theater size rooms with sound nicely. The subtleties aren't usually the concentration of speakers designed for giant rooms.

Although you could turn these up in your home with ear plugs in and time how fast the cops get there for noise complaints.:laugh:

chuckg

Supporting Actor
As above, if you've got a huge room they might not be too bad. However, your $600 could go to purchase much nicer looking speakers with better frequency response. These claim to be +/- 3 dB from 45 Hz to 12 kHz - not exactly stellar performance. The speaker crossover is right in the middle of the vocal range, curiously, at 1200 Hz. That is often a problem with two-way systems. These things are also incredibly heavy!

JBL has some great home speakers that would be a better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks